Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like there are several units that will do what i want. Soon i will have a new gps in my hand. I will let you know what i picked.. I have a degree in geology and can read topos pretty well. Its beeen frustrating over past years when im hunting my ground (and yours) blm or national forest and bump into someone who cant belive i hiked in. All the easy access is blocked by private. Oh well. good hunting and success to you all. Thanks for the replies and tips

Thanks
    Congratulations
    thanks for the suggestion. I think i am looking for a GPS/ personal locator device combo. I am sure I'll find it on line, but i am looking for feed back from users.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use a garmin GPSMAP 62st for work and I just purchased an Oregon 450 for personal use. I love both of them. The 450 was more in my price range. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either one. I just couldn't spend 500 bucks on a personal gps.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Does anyone have any knowledge on these new GPS apps for the phones? I'm thinking that I could have my GPS, phone and camera all in one unit, saving me alot of weight and money. Has anyone been using any of these apps?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I pulled the trigger today on oregon 550 t. Cabelas is running a special 200 dollars off
    I think they are everything the 450 t is plus a few extra bells and whistles. Size and weight are the same.
    Thanks to everyone for the advice and comments.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by betterthanwefoundit View Post
    I pulled the trigger today on oregon 550 t. Cabelas is running a special 200 dollars off
    I think they are everything the 450 t is plus a few extra bells and whistles. Size and weight are the same.
    Thanks to everyone for the advice and comments.
    Hello, just wondering how you like your Oregon 550t, so far. Do you have any regrets? I'm trying to decide between the Oregon 550t and the Montana 650t.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    Hello, just wondering how you like your Oregon 550t, so far. Do you have any regrets? I'm trying to decide between the Oregon 550t and the Montana 650t.
    Where you been bighot ? Hope your scouting has been going well.
    Leaving for my Ca. antelope hunt early tomorrow morning. Up past Susanville about 50 mi. 13 hrs. 750 mi.. Lovely.
    I'll send you pics if I shoot something respectable. Better be for a "once in a lifetime hunt" if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Where you been bighot ? Hope your scouting has been going well.
    Leaving for my Ca. antelope hunt early tomorrow morning. Up past Susanville about 50 mi. 13 hrs. 750 mi.. Lovely.
    I'll send you pics if I shoot something respectable. Better be for a "once in a lifetime hunt" if you know what I mean.
    Hey HuntWYODon, Ive been busy working lots of overtime to pay for my hunts coming up. I've been working 13 to 15 hour days!! Also trying to buy the last minute items I need for this year hunting season. The back packing stuff is expensive!! Just got my Hang wag boots, Jetboil stove, Down Sleeping bag, Bivy, XL backpack, now working on my GPS, the list is endless, lol. Oh yea, also picked up two muzzle loaders dirt cheap!!

But ready to get out again. I have not been out since I took the last pics of them deer. Plan to get out this week and stretch the legs a little. Good luck on you antelope hunt and can't wait to see your pictures.
    Last edited by bigshot; 08-16-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    Hey HuntWYODon, Ive been busy working lots of overtime to pay for my hunts coming up. I've been working 13 to 15 hour days!! Also trying to buy the last minute items I need for this year hunting season. The back packing stuff is expensive!! Just got my Hang wag boots, Jetboil stove, Down Sleeping bag, Bivy, XL backpack, now working on my GPS, the list is endless, lol. Oh yea, also picked up two muzzle loaders dirt cheap!!

But ready to get out again. I have not been out since I took the last pics of them deer. Plan to get out this week and stretch the legs a little. Good luck on you antelope hunt and can't wait to see your pictures.
    Bigshot , I know what your going through buying all that gear because I've been doing the same thing! It gets expensive real quick!
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I see no end to my list. Everything seems pricey but if you by junk you're always sorry.