Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Muleys,
    The Chocolates are in D12 South side of 10 frwy. Have make sure you aren't in the bombing range though.
    I hunted D12 once just for a weeked. Trying to locate guzzlers out there. Saw bighorns but no deer. Saw one set of large deer tracks in a wash that I followed for awhile . Like CC's Dad's idea about raking the wash. I know the feed in the agraculture fields at night and head back to hills in a.m.. People have been shooting them in private fields lately.
    They have javalina on the Ca. side there now too... Won't find them listed as a game animal by Ca. F&G though...
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 07-11-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Drew the bighorn tag in 2002, first year for pts. in Ca. Can't draw a dang Tule elk tag with max pts. though !
    That's some luck you got there! Sounds like you have a busy season coming up. About the CA bighorn...... what zone did you draw and were you succsessful in filling your tag?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    bigshot,
    It's great to hear somebody that hunts the same places I grew up hunting and have hunted for 40 yrs..
    I've packed into San Gorgonia wilderness many times. Used to be able to get right up on the bighorns there, until they started a hunt there in 1996 I think it was...Got some great pics and had some printed in Sheep Conservation Mag. I shot my bighorn there. A lot of bears in there too. Have seen blonde, brown and black phases there and once one that looked almost redish brown. If you have been up to the North Fork falls, you can see all the claw marks in the alder trees. I have killed a few bucks in there but only two were nice. All have big eyegaurd genetics in there. I used to pack in at Fish Creek after work and walk all night up to the saddle and though my bag down, sleep then get up and either hike up to 10,000 ft. Ridge/Toothpick Forest and hunt or go down back side and hunt. Seen some nice bucks in velvet during the archery hunt on back side. Always wanted to hunt it all the way down to Whitewater and have someone pick me up. Never diid. Anyway. Great reading all of your guy's posts !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey Muleys,
    I drew San Gorgonio Wilderness in 2002. First yr. for pts. and 3 times as many people put in to get pts. Shot my ram Jan. 2003. He was 163 in. Needed 168 in. to make book but I've never been into that. Yeah, had some good luck this year. If I draw 12B late in Az. I'll cr@p ! Drew in in 2001.
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 07-11-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Graylight,
    Where abouts do you hunt in So. Cal ?
    I hunted D14 for 30 yrs. straight (even back when it was D11 which incompased D19).
    I moved to San Diego area and have only hunted it a few times since. I don't like hunting D16 around here much.
    a lot of brush in most areas. I like getting an A22 tag as second tag though. Great split season and can hunt to end of Dec.
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 07-11-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    bigshot,
    Don't know if it's the same mount they have in Mill Creek Ranger Sta. now but they had one in there way back when I lived in Redlands that somebody shot in San Gorgonio Wilderness that was pretty nice. A buck I shot in there around 1996 ??? Can't remember, had the same genetics. Same rack. It may have been offspring from mine ??? Oh, and yes, the ladies in there are definitly tree huggers...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Hey Muleys,
    I drew San Gorgonio Wilderness in 2002. First yr. for pts. and 3 times as many people put in to get pts. Shot my ram Jan. 2003. He was 163 in. Needed 168 in. to make book but I've never been into that. Yeah, had some good luck this year. I've I draw 12B late in Az. I'll cr@p ! Drew in in 2001.
    Yea, who cares about the book.Sounds like you got a great ram, pics? That's my most desired tag I want to draw here in cali and in the san gorgonio wilderness too!I've never talked to anyone that has drawn, until now. With only 2 tags per year, and me not having even close to the max point pool, I'm gonna need lots of luck for it to ever happen.
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If I can figure out how to post pics I will. I think I was able to copy and pastes pics on here last year when I tried.
    I'd probably have max 12 pts., I think 13 if unsuccessful this yr., if I hadn't drawn in 2002. Still have max pts. for elk and loper. Like you wanting to draw the bighorn tag, I know want to draw a dang tule elk tag ! I've killed bulls in Az,Ut,Wy and Co. but to get one in Ca... Do live close to D14/San G ? I grew up in Redlands and was in the San Bernardino Nat. Forest every min. I could be.
    I almost got a D14 for my 2nd tag this yr. because my friend has a cabin in Big Bear that I have free use of. The forest boundry by Sugarloaf is about 150 yds from cabin. I got another A22 tag instead. Spreads the seasons out longer if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Muleys,
    I can't get the pic to paste. I can email it. I don't even remember how to send a PM on here... Haven't been on this forum for a yr. !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yea, I live in the IE, I have been hunting D-14 and D-16 for quite a few years now, got bucks from both, have hunted D-12 as well. I'm real fimliar with the San bernandino forest, I'm up there all the time, so much I should live there. If work was more steady I'd buy a small cabin in a heart beat.
    -NRA Life Member