Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Muleys,
    I can't get the pic to paste. I can email it. I don't even remember how to send a PM on here... Haven't been on this forum for a yr. !
    The PM/ notifications box is at the very top of the page. I'll send you my email address.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Sent emails and PM. Thanks !

Thanks
    Sent emails and PM. Thanks !
    Got'em, what a dream hunt!

Repiled to your yahoo email, thanks
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    You draw , I'll guide and give you my friends rate. $00.000 !
    I'll even say 100 % kill ( not book though)
    I hope you draw it next year , before I get too old !

Thanks
    You draw , I'll guide and give you my friends rate. $00.000 !
    I'll even say 100 % kill ( not book though)
    I hope you draw it next year , before I get too old !
    Thanks, Hopefully next year is the year, I even bought a bunch of the raffle tickets too! Time will tell
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Yeah , probably better odds with the raffle ticket than the draw...I bought my son 5 for bigorn and 5 each for elk,deer and loper for me. I put in for raffle at the Sportsmans Convention in Salt Lake 2009 for a bunch of hunts. I drew one of 2 tags for for Book Cliffs Roadless elk hunt. My buddy lives in Moab and has mules and goes into the Book's all the time. He was with me there. After I drew he couldn't believe it. There were tons of out of state people there just for that reason. Somebody has to win ! Unbelievable though !
    Got close with antelope in Ca. this year. 1st alternate.

Thanks
    bigshot,
    It's great to hear somebody that hunts the same places I grew up hunting and have hunted for 40 yrs..
    I've packed into San Gorgonia wilderness many times. Used to be able to get right up on the bighorns there, until they started a hunt there in 1996 I think it was...Got some great pics and had some printed in Sheep Conservation Mag. I shot my bighorn there. A lot of bears in there too. Have seen blonde, brown and black phases there and once one that looked almost redish brown. If you have been up to the North Fork falls, you can see all the claw marks in the alder trees. I have killed a few bucks in there but only two were nice. All have big eyegaurd genetics in there. I used to pack in at Fish Creek after work and walk all night up to the saddle and though my bag down, sleep then get up and either hike up to 10,000 ft. Ridge/Toothpick Forest and hunt or go down back side and hunt. Seen some nice bucks in velvet during the archery hunt on back side. Always wanted to hunt it all the way down to Whitewater and have someone pick me up. Never diid. Anyway. Great reading all of your guy's posts !
    Hey HuntWYODon,
    I've been hunting the San Berdoos since I was old enough to drive. Our hunting party has taken a few trophies, especially since the fires hit approximately seven years ago. I'd sure like to see that trophy you took in the Wilderness area that you believe might be related to the buck in the Ranger Station. I'm going to get a picture of that buck this week and post it on here. I'm very familiar with fish creek area and Sugerloaf Mtn. We hike into the Wilderness from the south east end, and yes, I agree there is, "Mucho," bears.
    Last edited by bigshot; 07-12-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Bigshot, Here's a pic of that wilderness buck in the ranger station, He's up pretty high so this is the best pic I have of it

heres a pic of the cat they have in there too
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Thats him!! Thanks Muley, look at the girth of his neck!! Largest bodied buck from southern Cali, I ever seen.

Thanks
    bigshot,
    That's the same buck that's been in there for a loooong time.
    I know it's related to mine. I'll take a pic and try to post it. I got mine in Whitewater canyon/river above North Fork Falls.
    Sometimes you could catch them migrating after a good snow in Nov.. I got another nice buck in there prior to that one.He was a 4x4 with nice eyegaurds. I was hunting with a taxidermist that scored for the Ca. record book. I think Ca. bucks had to score 125 in. to make it. Mine scored 118 in. He aged him at 7 1/2 yrs. His was on his way down. His antlers showed it. Had a 4 pt. but 4 crab pts..I felt kind of bad shooting him. I was way down low with a doe and a fawn. A happy little family. LOL ! I think he was too old to migrate up and down anymore. well worn teeth also.The other buck had 5 in. eyegaurds.Every buck I took out of there had big ones. I'll take a pic of the other ones rack. The mount I had done on the first one looks like crap. A different taxidermist was hunting with us that I didn't know. He wanted to do it. It was cheep back then but no where near the other guy's quality. I have 3 friends in Ca. and one in Wy. that are taxidermist. I know a lot of secrets the use. You can stretch a cape a couple inches easy. Or even use a bigger cape. My one friend put huge necks on all my mounts. I think I actually have a pic of the buck that looks like that one on my work pc here. I'll find it. Thanks for showing me ! I have been in Mill Creek Sta. for about 6 yrs.The ram on the avatar is the one I shot in San Gorgonio Wilderness in 2003.