Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Left over tags

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 67 Times in 8 Posts

Left over tags

There are some great choices for you guys that archery hunt. If you didn't draw in the main defiantly apply!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yup, I just convinced my little brother to jump in on the archery leftovers, I couldnt believe some of whats left. Are you gonna jump at any of those IKIC?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    Ikic. Clear your pm box

Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    How does the NV leftover tag system work? First come, first serve? Separate drawing? Did you have to apply in the main drawing? I looked around on the Nevada site, and really couldn't find much in the way of info..

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drelk View Post
    Ikic. Clear your pm box

Thanks
    Inbox cleared

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    How does the NV leftover tag system work? First come, first serve? Separate drawing? Did you have to apply in the main drawing? I looked around on the Nevada site, and really couldn't find much in the way of info..
    It's a seperate draw. Very similar to the main.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock 2.0 View Post
    Yup, I just convinced my little brother to jump in on the archery leftovers, I couldnt believe some of whats left. Are you gonna jump at any of those IKIC?
    No. I'm more of a gun hunter. I was jacked up when I saw the deer and pronghorn choices till I realized they were all bow :-( But great for you guys. Good luck

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    If you draw a second draw tag, would you lose your points?
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    What are left for deer and antelope? I'm just curious because it wouldn't let me see the choices as I am not eligible.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    News From NDOW
    Date: 6/11/2012
    Second Draw Applications Open Today

If you did not draw a big game tag in the recent completed main draw, The Nevada Department of Wildlife wants to remind you there are still tags remaining for the upcoming second draw.

There are currently 95 tags still available for the any legal weapon hunt for antlered mule deer (Hunt 1331) in Units 101-109, Oct. 15-28. The Mule Deer Antlered Longbow Hunt 1341 (Aug. 10-Sept. 9) still has 1,090 tags still available in several different units. There are also 179 tags remaining for the Mule Deer Antlered Muzzleloader Hunt 1371 in Units 101-109 (Sept. 10-30). All of these remaining tags are now available to both resident and nonresident hunters.

Resident hunters also still have a chance at an antlerless mule deer hunt, with tags still available in both Mule Deer Antlerless Any Legal Weapon Depredation Hunt 1101 (five tags) and Mule Deer Antlerless Any Legal Weapon Hunt 1181 (966 remaining tags).

Other than deer, there are still 35 remaining tags for the Antelope – Horns Longer Than Ears – Longbow Hunts, Resident Hunt 2161 and Nonresident Hunt 2261-Nonresident. Resident Antlerless elk tags are also available for the second draw with 74 tags still remaining for Hunt 4111 (Resident Antlerless Elk – Longbow Hunt), 47 remaining tags for Hunt 4181(Resident Antlerless Elk-Any Legal Weapon) and six tags remaining for Resident Antlerless Elk - Muzzleloader Hunt 4176.

Resident youth hunters will also have a second chance at this year's hunt with 634 tags remaining in several different units for the junior mule deer, either sex hunt (1107).

Hunters interested in applying for any of these tags can apply online at www.huntnevada.com or mail their applications to the Wildlife Administrative Services Office in Fallon. Applications must be received by 5 p.m., Tuesday, June 26, 2012. Final results of the second draw will be provided by Friday, July 13. Any tags remaining after the second draw will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

For more information on the second draw or remaining tags call the Wildlife Administrative Services Office at 1-800-576-1020 or look on the web at www.huntnevada.com on or after June 13, 2012.

The Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW) protects, restores and manages fish and wildlife, and promotes fishing, hunting, and boating safety. NDOW’s wildlife and habitat conservation efforts are primarily funded by sportsmen’s license and conservation fees and a federal surcharge on hunting and fishing gear. Support wildlife and habitat conservation in Nevada by purchasing a hunting, fishing, or combination license. Find us on Facebook, Twitter or visit us at www.ndow.org.
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!