Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Trail Cameras?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 189 Times in 165 Posts
    Congratulations
    3
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts

    Trail Cameras?

    I have one and have never used it since no need. Are they a good thing to have like to keep it around in case I find something I want to check? I never found a spot or really wanted to set one up. Should I keep it or should I sell it? I am thinking of selling it so I can start buying stuff for tuning bows? Thanks!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

    AKA: Velvet Feather

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,114
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 156 Times in 117 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    What is it, I'm interested,

    P.s. they are worthless so you should sell it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Carlin, NV
    Posts
    691
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 103 Times in 98 Posts
    Congratulations
    59
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    I have one and have never used it since no need. Are they a good thing to have like to keep it around in case I find something I want to check? I never found a spot or really wanted to set one up. Should I keep it or should I sell it? I am thinking of selling it so I can start buying stuff for tuning bows? Thanks!
    I am still on the fence. My buddies use them for archery deer in 7 and they give you a general idea on times of watering and quality of animals. So in that aspect they are not too bad. Whether or not those animals will be there come season is another story. I just enjoy getting off the couch and hitting the mountain instead of letting a camera do all the work even though knowing watering times is helpful. Like I said, on the fence. Happy hunting!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 189 Times in 165 Posts
    Congratulations
    3
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    I am still on the fence. My buddies use them for archery deer in 7 and they give you a general idea on times of watering and quality of animals. So in that aspect they are not too bad. Whether or not those animals will be there come season is another story. I just enjoy getting off the couch and hitting the mountain instead of letting a camera do all the work even though knowing watering times is helpful. Like I said, on the fence. Happy hunting!
    This is where I am stuck, I really don't want to give it up because it is nice but then again where I hunt, I basically go out for one scouting trip then hunting so really it does nothing for me. It is a bushnell trophy cam, not the bone collector edition. It looks new and works fine just I don't really have a need for it. Will see what others think before I make the decision to sell.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

    AKA: Velvet Feather

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kamas, Utah
    Posts
    1,120
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 96 Times in 74 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    I use mine for more than just hunting too. Had one of the neighbors dogs doing it's business on my lawn, both neighbors said it was not their dog. Put up the game cam, got pictures of the culprit, and made the right neighbor come pick up all the dog crap. So you may want to think about keeping it for other reasons too.
    Shoot STR8

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    968
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    You should definitely keep it. Go out in the hills, find a well used trail and set it up. You'll be glad you did.

    I would be lost without my trail cams. The amount of info they give you is incredible.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 46 Times in 31 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    I use mine for more than just hunting too. Had one of the neighbors dogs doing it's business on my lawn, both neighbors said it was not their dog. Put up the game cam, got pictures of the culprit, and made the right neighbor come pick up all the dog crap. So you may want to think about keeping it for other reasons too.
    That is so awesome!!! hahaha
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,114
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 156 Times in 117 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Yes, you don't need it. How much do you want for it?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 189 Times in 165 Posts
    Congratulations
    3
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    The problem is I don't visit my hunting spots frequently. I hunt in the middle of the state and is 5 1/2 hours away from my house one way! So I don't like to leave it out there for either a month or 2 or a whole year.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

    AKA: Velvet Feather

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 189 Times in 165 Posts
    Congratulations
    3
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Yes, you don't need it. How much do you want for it?
    Wait a minute buddy! I am not set on selling or keeping yet so you will have to wait! LOL!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

    AKA: Velvet Feather

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Cameras
    By AKaviator in forum Field Photos
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 06:28 PM
  2. go pro cameras
    By az.mountain runner in forum Other
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
  3. 35 MM Film Cameras vs Digital Cameras
    By Colorado Cowboy in forum Optics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2012, 03:31 AM
  4. Trail Cameras
    By Dan in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
  5. I hate cheap trail cameras... lol
    By hubba20 in forum Mule Deer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •