Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail Cameras?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    I use mine for more than just hunting too. Had one of the neighbors dogs doing it's business on my lawn, both neighbors said it was not their dog. Put up the game cam, got pictures of the culprit, and made the right neighbor come pick up all the dog crap. So you may want to think about keeping it for other reasons too.
    I don't own one but i heard they work good as a security camera on your jobsite. Maybe you can at least get a license plate or a description of someone ripping off your jobsite.Also they are a great way to keep track of when your employees show up for work if you can't be there first thing in the morning!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    The problem is I don't visit my hunting spots frequently. I hunt in the middle of the state and is 5 1/2 hours away from my house one way! So I don't like to leave it out there for either a month or 2 or a whole year.
    Buy an 8 or 16 GB card and some lithium batteries, and your camera will be good for a long time. That Bushnell is the small camera, right, and it's ifrared, not flash? If so, I'd think if you brushed it in a little, nobody would ever find it. An 8 GB card will go a long ways.. I use 2GB cards on all my cameras, and they are over salt licks, and other high activity places, and it still takes longer than 2 months to fill the card. A 2GB card on your highest setting should be good for at least 2,000 pictures.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Also, you might consider a security box. They usually run $25-50... Not bad if your really worried about losing a $200 rig.
    http://www.cabelas.com/trail-cameras-bushnell-trophy-cam-security-case-1.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z _mc_id1=03006541&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=901A5DCC-958E-DF11-A0C8-002219318F67&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad= 5855052504&mr:keyword={keyword}

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Yeah, not worried about it getting stolen and think it is infared? The only way I see it useful is if I get a elk tag so it can get me a idea of game. I know exactly where the deer and pronghorn are when I hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The only way I see it useful is if I get a elk tag so it can get me a idea of game.
    I have an idea of the game that's in my area. Getting a tag is another story...

Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I find using a camera to be a lot of fun, almost as fun as hunting, just to see what you can get on it. It's awesome to look at thousands of pics then all of a sudden a huge buck shows up in one of them that you have never seen. I also use them to keep tabs on who is entering the property. Neighbor told me once he didn't coon hunt during deer gun season, which is illegal to boot, so I told him he looked good with his black and tans on my video camera. Someday one of us will get a pic of Bigfoot. lol Keep it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I think they can be very valuable. I've attached a link to the trail cam set-up I use. It's a Bushnell Trophy Cam only carrying half a payload of Lithium AA batteries. Leaves me enough room to squeeze in 2 mini-bungees to the rest of the battery compartment. Can serve as an extra pair of eyes if I have a couple different watering holes or wallows to watch. I sit at one, camera watches the other.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Oh, forgot to mention that the entire set-up weighs under 11 ounces. In early season, it still lets me stay lightweight.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The problem is I don't visit my hunting spots frequently. I hunt in the middle of the state and is 5 1/2 hours away from my house one way! So I don't like to leave it out there for either a month or 2 or a whole year.
    Not sure what you have? Hunting buddy and I have Bushnell Trophy Cams and a couple Cuddbacks. The Bushnells will last 6 months or better. I'd say in the mountains you'd have a pretty slim chance of getting it stolen. Here in IA you gotta be kind of sneaky where you put it but that said, we've only had 1 stolen in 5 yrs and we've had out 7 of them most of the time

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think they could definately be helpful elk hunting, especially if you can't be out scouting. Set a couple up on game trails/mineral licks/wallows to try and get an idea what is going on. At least then you would have an idea what you are dealing with if you haven't been able to get out scouting, or don't know the area as well.