Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: unit 75

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

unit 75

has anyone hunted wyoming unit 75? we drew and trying to get up there to scout a little would like to know where to start. we have little time to scout and it is a large unit any help will be appreciated. thx guys
    Last edited by mbuh84087; 06-23-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 2 Posts
    Which state?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    SS reread his post.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 2 Posts
    oops! Thanks for the catch IKIC

Thanks
    Congratulations
    could be a rough year with moisture...

it's a big unit, antelope are spread throughout, top to bottom, east to west, get off the main roads and/or break out the binos and they'll appear, at first it seemed like the unit had no goats, but they'll pop out after some careful looking.

drive the canyon between shashoni and thermopolis, one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My girlfriend and I also drew for 75. I hunted it once 4 years ago and took a real heavy 14.5" buck in the steeper area to the North late in the season. I was with a friend who had hunted the area several times before and he was shocked that we couldn't find a better buck. I was real happy with it my first and only antelope though. The drought is worrying me also, I've been waiting a few years to draw and it isn't looking real good. That's hunting though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had a few buddies hunt it last year. They said they were seeing between 100-500 antelope per day. They all killed bucks over 15" they scored 78+, 79+, and 80+. They said it was a lot of fun and that it was really easy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    With a little added on, 75s a good area, im my humble opinion most areas in the central, southwest, and south central part of the state hold good size antelope. 73,74, and 75 in my opinion are going and have been going downhill for sometime do to all of the gasification, and oil crap that is goin on in that part of the state. And if anyone thinks that those guys dont carry rifles in there pickups is just in denial. Ive hunted that area since I can remember and my old man before that. Everyone comes on here looking for info and thats great. So heres my info expect to see antelope, expect to see an average buck of 68-72 in B&C (dnt care about SCI). To find a 75+ in antelope your going to have to cover ground. To find a 80+ antelope your going to need to cover more ground and have atleast a week to do it. And remember most of the gasification and oil roads are not public roads, they are private. Know guys who got trespass tickets last year in 75 for traveling on that encana rd. Just my .02

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just watched Eastmans' antelope bowhunting episode from Central WY... the one where Ryan Hatfield shot his buck in the neck. I'm assuming it was Area 75. As far as Area 75 goes, you won't really need to put much time into scouting. There are goats everywhere... just be aware of what's public and what's private before you go after them.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Guy Eastman's wife drew a 75 tag. You can follow them around.
    Elko, I think I mentioned she drew a 125 deer tag also and 121 bull tag too...