Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm always trolling the AT classifieds looking for deals. I've bought two bows off of there so far and been happy with both.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by TooFarEast View Post
    x2 ... Elite Archery are the only bows I know of that have a warranty that is transferable if you buy it used. They are sweet bows and it is what I will buy used when I am ready to upgrade. You can find some on ebay and also Elite has a forum which would also be a good place to find a used bow. I almost bought a GT500 on ebay for $400, but couldnt afford it at the time. I shoot lefty so it is difficult for me to find a used bow. Good luck
    Obsession bows also have a fully transferable lifetime warranty on them.
    "For its in these mountains that I long to be, where I can hear God whisper down the creek and through the trees. Just one sunset and I know you'd think the same. Watch your worries fade 'neath a rocky mountain rain."
    Obsession Bows Pro-staff. "Fuel the Obsession"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    In the Last 5 Years the Bows have Come along way's... A Couple of key things you already might know. One a longer Axle to Axle is more forgiving. Two Check your Brace Height a Bigger Brace height is more Forgiving. Third with shooting longer distance like that you will want a faster Bow, This will help with a flatter Shoot and put the arrow out there. Fourth Go with a Drop Away Rest this will also Help with your forgiveness. But, In the same breath make SURE it is properly installed or it will NOT be Forgiving. Fifth Try to get a Archery Target (bag) hang it up Stand 3 to5 feet away from it Close your eyes and practice on your release and form. Sixth Using everything I have said Pick 3 to 5 Bows that you are intrested in then Post those bows on Forums Like this and ask about the Prowess and Con's.... I don't care Who the Manufactor is. There is always every So often that they have Produce a High End Bow that has not preformed the way that they thought it should and the Bow has issues.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miller1 View Post
    Look for a used Elite GT500, pefect for long range, very forgiving and stable, also you get a lifetime warrenty even buying it used.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    Can't go wrong there. Here is an Elite XLR for $400 I thought about buying. I think it is still for sale, it has black limbs but a BLUE riser though (a little duracoat could change that, I want it for indoor and 3D if I get it so it doesn't matter to me). http://hunting-washington.com/smf/in...?topic=94091.0

You should be able to find a LOT of high end bows a couple years old for that price. Here is another link as an example.... http://hunting-washington.com/smf/in...topic=100143.0

Shoot, I have a first year PSE X-Bow I'm getting rid of for WAY less than that, so I am pretty sure you can find a NICE bow, close by where you live, for $400 or less. I would suggest looking at your local state hunting forums, or Bowsite classifieds, or even some pro shops carry "trade ins" (not that many do, but a few).

The Elites are AWESOME because they shoot great AND have a liftime, transferable warranty.
    Last edited by ChadH; 07-22-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for all your comments, guys.

Based on feedback here I went and shot some Elite bows and wow, I was really sold. Not only the transferrable warranty, important because I buy used but the ease of draw and arrow speed were beyond my expectations.

I ended up getting a great buy on an Elite GT500 and trading it plus a little cash for a 2011 Elite Pulse. All-in, accessories, shipping and all I spent under $500 and got a very fast, sweet-shooting bow with a lifetime warranty. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    pse brute x. solid bow

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Thanks for all your comments, guys.

Based on feedback here I went and shot some Elite bows and wow, I was really sold. Not only the transferrable warranty, important because I buy used but the ease of draw and arrow speed were beyond my expectations.

I ended up getting a great buy on an Elite GT500 and trading it plus a little cash for a 2011 Elite Pulse. All-in, accessories, shipping and all I spent under $500 and got a very fast, sweet-shooting bow with a lifetime warranty. Thanks again.
    Great choice, now go stick a big one and show us the pics!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Great choice, now go stick a big one and show us the pics!
    Thanks, I'll do my best. I am working a ton of hours so I may not get to hunt as much as I'd like, plus I missed getting drawn on both deer and antelope this year. Thinking either archery elk in CO or black bear in MT.