Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

monarch x, nikon

anyone try these out yet? nikon monarch x series? allways been a big fan of nikon, quality glass for reasonable prices. have yet to check these ones out yet though. i love my old pair of monarchs just wondering how these fare..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The glass? Excellent for the money. Defintiely better than the Monarch ATBs I used previously. However, I have had a cosiderably negative experience with Nikon related to these binos completey unrelated to the optical quality, but to be fair, my situation may have no impact on what you want to do with your binos. See below:

In my case, I wanted to use the Monarch X 10.5x45 binos from a tripod as I had with the ATB binos, and directly asked Nikon tech support if 1) the binos would work with a screw-in tripod adapter and 2) which screw-in adapter I would need. They pointed me toward the Monarch/Action Adapter, which is shown on the Monarch X webpage as a featured accessory. So, after buying the Monarch X binos and the recommended adapter, I found that the center cap that you normally unscrew to use the adapter wouldn't budge. I called tech support to see if I was doing something wrong and they re-assured me that adapter I bought would work with the binos. After exerting more force to try and get the thing to unscrew, the center cap snapped off, revealing a pice of doublesided tape and no place to put a screw-in adapter! So, I now I had a set of binos bought for a specific purpose that failed to meet that need, all because Nikon's own tech support staff didn't know their own product and their webpage incorrectly listed an incompatible accessory. So, that's $470 spent on the binos, another $25 on the tripod adapter, and another $16.00 (that I have to eat) for insured shipping back to Nikon. I'm still awaiting the outcome my request for a refund at this time, as I have no use for the binos, despite the excellent glass, if they can't be mounted on a tripod. Needless to say, there's going to be war if they don't give me money back and try to steer me to a different product.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Used a 6x24 Nikon Monarch BDC this week. I missed a coyote and my grandson missed a different one, not scope fault I am sure. I have bought two of these scopes and they are not worth the money now. The other one is a 2.5x10 on a Browing 243WSSm, my wifes gun. It is also BDC reticle, its good but I don't really like the BDC. I think there are better scopes for the money.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry, I miss read your question ivorytip, must have been thinking about the supreme court at the time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    my bad guess i shoulda mentioned the binos. i just bought the nikin tripod cuz i really hate spotting scopes and i havent attempted the sounded war to come with it