Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hunting Practical Jokes

How many of you have a sick sense of humor side! What kind of jokes/pranks have you played on your friends or families?

Many years ago, my brother and I were elk hunting with my high school age daughter who was/is slightly gullible. We had been on a long morning hunt and stopped to have a bite to eat on the side of an old logging skid road. One of my brothers favorite snacks are dates, which if you think about it looks rather like an elk dropping. So anyway, where we stopped just happened to have a large pile of elk droppings at his feet. Without my daughter realizing it, he palmed a date and also picked up an elk pellet. As he was examining the pellet he started this story about how the indians of the area from the olden days would eat the pellets as a kind of vitamin. We were "discussing" this when he wondered out loud what they tasted like. I of course encouraged him to taste one to find out. Meanwhile my daughter is sitting there watching and listening to this with a mix of interest and disgust when my brother hiding the pellet, popped the palmed date into his mouth and started munching away and calmly asked my daughter if she wanted to try one! She found a renewed interest in her sandwich and mumbled no thank you! When the joke was up and she hit both of us and had a good laugh.

What stories do you have?
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Lol. I remember my uncles pulling alot if similar jokes. In high school I was out hunting and I received a voicemail when we bounced into service. It was my mom and said to call her soon.i could hear the excitement in her voice i gave her a jingle and sure enough she had good news. She had gotten 2- four point bucks! Boy i was excited and proud of her. So I rushed home to help. Bout the time I got to the house i called and told her id be there to help with the skinning and she notified me it was done. She s rather handy with a knife but i was still a bit surprised. Upon getting to the house I drive right passed and swung my headlights on the gamble. To my surprise there was not a side of meat there, just two crisp one dollar bills! (2 four point bucks!)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    What I used to do a lot (in my younger days of course!!) was when a bunch of us were dove hunting, was to drop a black powder loaded shotgun shell in on of our hunters ammo bag. I was a hoot to see their face when they loaded it and shot at a dove. So much smoke you couldn't see the bird or anything. We all got a great laugh out of it. Guess i've outgrown that now, even tho i shoot lots of BP Cowboy Shooting.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I've got a friend that when you are supposed to meet somewhere to compare notes, he will hide and let you look for him, and then jump out and scare the crap out of you. At midday when he is asleep I get back at him by filling his pack with rocks, or his boots with pine cones. Good times.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    When I was first starting out hunting, I recall my dad doing this to me a couple of times. We had hunted elk hard in the morning and had walked a lot. In the afternoon we were driving to another area to hike some more. I would sit in the middle with my dad driving and his brother-in-law sitting in the passenger seat of our Dodge 3/4 ton pickup. Of course being a kid, I would get tired after having gotten up at 5:00 AM to go out, and with all the hiking, there were times I would close my eyes just for a minute or two and check to make sure the backs of the eyelids were okay.

He would slam on the brakes, yell there's one, and jump out with his rifle like he had just seen an elk. Of course it was all fun and games..............for someone at least!

Another time, I think it was my first year of hunting when I was 12. We came around a corner and I did not see the last Hereford cow walk out of sight as they had just crossed the road. My dad said there were some fresh tracks on the road and he stopped the truck. He told me to get my rifle and follow them slowly as he thought they might be very close. I went about 30 yards and went up over a little rise following diligently on these "elk tracks" not knowing any better. I came over this rise, we were on Forest Service land, and there they were! I pulled up my rifle as it happened so fast. I wish I would have had thought at that split second to fire into the dirt on the hillside and start yelling, " I got him, I got him!" , because I think the joke would have been on them at that point.

Wait a second, these are supposed to be pranks we pull on others. Well I never.........

David
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We have had so many...............
    A good one for kids around a campfire.
    Find a winter kill deer hear with antlers attached, rig with monofilament so it will swing (FLY) over a campfire and proceed to tell the story of the ghost deer and at the climax of your story have a cohort cut the line so it flies over the campfire. It is sure to get more than a few shrieks!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was out once while the rest of camp was taking an afternoon snooze in the camp trailer along my travels i cornered a badger on accident. They get pretty nasty when cornered. He charged. I shot. Dead badger. I was like 12 at the time. I brought the badger back to camp. Twiddled my thumbs for a bit while everyone slept. Then dug a good size hole just in front of the steps of the trailer. Buried all but the head of the badger facing the trailer. Took a stick and pried the mouth open. Sat back and watched 3 grown men jump scream and run as they walked out for the evening hunt.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    I was out once while the rest of camp was taking an afternoon snooze in the camp trailer along my travels i cornered a badger on accident. They get pretty nasty when cornered. He charged. I shot. Dead badger. I was like 12 at the time. I brought the badger back to camp. Twiddled my thumbs for a bit while everyone slept. Then dug a good size hole just in front of the steps of the trailer. Buried all but the head of the badger facing the trailer. Took a stick and pried the mouth open. Sat back and watched 3 grown men jump scream and run as they walked out for the evening hunt.
    That's funny! Me and my uncle were doing a joke where all of a sudden we would slam on the brakes, jump out of the truck and act like we were shooting a monster and man would my parents get excited! Also we were elk hunting and my brother was told by my grandpa to taste the poop to see how fresh it was. So we dumped some whoppers out and told my brother and ate them! The look on his face was priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts
    I like to play jokes all the time, many of which shouldn't be posted on a public forum. But last year my buddies and I got our hands on a nudist magazine... it exchanges hands pretty often (we steal it from each other). Each time one of us gets it we cut out the grossest photo left and fold it up and hide it real well somewhere in on of the other's hunting gear so they don't come across it until their somewhere out in the field. Last year in Nevada at 10,000 ft. I came across a picture of a hairy naked old man when I opened up my Wyoming saw pouch to quarter up my buck before packing him off the mountain. I definitely got a good laugh. Ben (BenHuntin on here) did it... and boy does he have a good one waiting for him...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We do something similar at work. Well take a napkin write a random girls name and number on it and sneak it into their lunch box before they head home. We all hope the wife finds it first. Only happened twice so far. One time we went as far as to throw some panties in a guys lunch box. He came to work the next day ready to fight.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!