Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Brighteners can easily be checked with a black light. The worse offenders are anything blaze orange and camo.

If you'd like more scientific info about his. Read this. It's long.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...on#Post6663530

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    I was thinking of marketing a new camoflauge for us folks in the the west. It would be called " burnt forest A/P ". I also like the name " beetle kill ".
    This is so true !

Thanks
    ha, id buy it! as far as the testing goes, how do they know thats what the game sees? im not saying they dont i jut really dont know. guess i better read....

Thanks
    My brother started a sniper school for the military so I got a training manual FM23-10. Now all I wear is a ghillie suit for an outer garment. I watch the hunting programs on tv and those hunters have a lot of facial hair, I even saw one get a tattoo on his hunting program. When I saw a picture of David Long I was shocked. How can he be so cleancut and still manage to get those trophy mulies? Just poking a little fun at those grubby TV hunters.
    I did learn a lot and one thing, that is how far back in the shadows a sniper will be, I think that works on game too. Snipers also pour oil around their hide to keep the dogs from smelling them. No, I havent tried that, yet. Mostly I use the wind instead of sent free soap.
    One more question, why do those guys on TV poke the dead animal while holding their gun in one hand? We did have a dead bear get up last year and when that happens you need both hands on the gun.

Thanks
    Well this thread just offically got out of hand!

Thanks
    i hear they make cammo body paint, just sayin, hahaha, kings camo looks the coolest

Thanks
    I always wonder about camo in the fact that photographers and hikers usually wear blue mountain hardware fleece with a red back pack and yellow hiking shoes. Yet they capture amazing images much closer to live animals then we do. Could it be that they dont get all giddy when they see an animal because there only there to admire and not hunt? And the animals sense that. Or could it be that camo companies have absolutely extorted the hunting world with this belief that if humans cant see it then animals cant see it. If i were an animal and roamed a 2-3 mile square area my entire life i would know every knot on every tree. And every leaf that seems to be out of place. Especially due to the fact that animals live in fear 100% of their life. I kinda feel camo in general is more of a human confidence booster than an invisible cloak to animals. Kinda like kobe beef. People know kobe does not exist in america yet they will spend 15 bucks on a kobe burger to say that they have tried it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    I always wonder about camo in the fact that photographers and hikers usually wear blue mountain hardware fleece with a red back pack and yellow hiking shoes. Yet they capture amazing images much closer to live animals then we do. Could it be that they dont get all giddy when they see an animal because there only there to admire and not hunt? And the animals sense that.
    Or could it be that a lot of animals are photgraped in a national park and they have these great big lenses on their camera that weigh as much as your rifle or bow?

Thanks
    Could be. But im talkin more about amatuer photos. The ones that are sprayed along google earth.

Thanks
    Camo works, I have no doubt, But it is exploited by the industry by all of us looking for the perfect suit. What industry doesn't exploit you if they can find a way to get your dollar. Cell phones, cable and satellite TV, fashion industry, even seed for food plots with their super duper seeds.

You can get a good photo of wildlife without camo it's easy. You take thousands of pictures and maybe a dozen are good ones that you show to people. I have some great ones of a grizzly bear at 15 feet, took them from my car. You usually only get one shot to make the kill, maybe two, then if you miss or the right shot never materializes, you only have a memory.