Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming Antelope caliber

Anyone know what is the legal minimum caliber for antelope in Wyoming. Ive been searching their website and can't find anything. Maybe there is no minimum?

I Plan to use my custom Rem. 700, 7mm SAUM with 140 grain Accubonds. My buddy wants to use something much smaller....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    Anyone know what is the legal minimum caliber for antelope in Wyoming. Ive been searching their website and can't find anything. Maybe there is no minimum?

I Plan to use my custom Rem. 700, 7mm SAUM with 140 grain Accubonds. My buddy wants to use something much smaller....
    It is in the regs, you have to look harder, I think and keyword is think, it has to be larger than .23/100 bore with min length cartridge of 2"?

If and when I return, I would consider taking my .243 rem but probably couldn't stomach not using my 7mm due to pure love, time, and loyalty I have for that weapon.

I went to Wyoming with my 7mm rem mag shooting same bullet, overkill? I think a little but it is all in the eyes of the beholder my friend. Good luck and if you place that bullet where you want to, it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by Drhorsepower; 07-03-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bore diameter Larger than .23 inch is correct. This applies to all big game and trophy animals. If you look in the regs its under "firearms "

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ha, well that's certainly legal!

btw my "best antelope cartridges" would probably be the .243win and .25-06 w/100gr

even the 270win is a bit "overkill" and would probably be as big as I'd want to go, of course using your favorite rifle that may be larger than a 270 makes sense, just not needed is all.

best of luck!

btw I believe MT and WY allow the use of .22-250/.220swift calibers, CO I think is .23+ but don't hold me to this.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the info guys, my buddy will be using his Rem 700, 243 win. I developed some super accurate loads for it. Were going to buy a couple doe tags too. Looks like we got access on some private land and the ranch owner wants us to shoot every Coyote we see on his property. He stated Wyoming has a $45.00 bounty on Coyotes. Do we need to purchase a separate license to shoot coyotes?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks like we got access on some private land and the ranch owner wants us to shoot every Coyote we see on his property. He stated Wyoming has a $45.00 bounty on Coyotes. Do we need to purchase a separate license to shoot coyotes?
    No special license required for coyotes. Don't know about the bounties.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the info guys, my buddy will be using his Rem 700, 243 win. I developed some super accurate loads for it. Were going to buy a couple doe tags too. Looks like we got access on some private land and the ranch owner wants us to shoot every Coyote we see on his property. He stated Wyoming has a $45.00 bounty on Coyotes. Do we need to purchase a separate license to shoot coyotes?
    What area is this in, I want to go shoot coyotes there, converse county they are only 20 bucks for bounties. Wyoming only allows .23 caliber or bigger for big game animals. Coyotes, use either the smallest or the biggest damn caliber gun u want. You should see what a 338 Papua does to one

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rcmyoe
    Last edited by kcaves; 07-03-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    btw my "best antelope cartridges" would probably be the .243win and .25-06 w/100gr

even the 270win is a bit "overkill" and would probably be as big as I'd want to gobtw I believe MT and WY allow the use of .22-250/.220swift calibers, CO I think is .23+ but don't hold me to this.
    I'm on the verge of buying a rifle that the primary use would be antelope. Originally was thinking the .243 -- now decided on the 25-06, but, doing some further reading thought maybe the .270 would be better in open country where it's windy due to higher BC. even if it's a bit overkill. Too many choices.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Don't forget about the 6.5s
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I shoot a 25-06 older model Ruger M77. I probably have shot 40 to 50 antelope and just as many deer with it. IMHO it is the perfect caliber for both, I shoot only handloads with a 100 gr bullet for goats and a 117 gr for deer. If I only had one gun for everything smaller than elk, this would be it. I have also killed several hogs, good job there too.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley