Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthedoc View Post
    Ditto I wish we could adopt a policy that if you werent born in wyoming you should leave and never come back. (maybe a little extreme) Bwahahaha
    Just a bit! If everyone who was not born there had to leave, I'll bet at least 25% (or more) of the residents whould have to leave. Who would pay the taxes? Surely the remaining residents would not be happy to see that!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Oh I think Wyoming residents would be just fine if people left. It is one of the top (if not the top) money making state in the US. Twenty years ago we had about 30% less people and were doing fine. Our coal, oil, and gas keep us afloat. No state taxes here either. Best damn state to live in (imo).

Thanks
    Ditto I wish we could adopt a policy that if you werent born in wyoming you should leave and never come back. (maybe a little extreme) Bwahahaha
    Haha, If we had that policy in CA I bet more than half the state would be leaving! For some reason everyone wants to come to califorina (it must be for the hot chicks and weather) not the high taxes, hunting and gun rights!
    Last edited by Muleys 24/7; 07-13-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    I was a wildland firefighter for the last 5 1/2 years.Until 2 months ago when I moved out west.We did control burns on a military base,and fire suppression.Fire is GREAT for wildlife..when it is controlled..If you burn during nesting times it is not that good IMO,but other than that it is great.The turkeys would run INTO the smoke as soon as the flames went down..to have their way with the exposed bugs(some already cooked for them..lol)..The animals have ways to survive fires.Sometimes they will simply huddle up in a pond.They will use the areas as soon as the fire is gone..and it will increase after 2 weeks or so goes by.When the new growth starts.Indians used to use fire to control the land,and old time farmers would burn off things to provide good groceries for the cows..etc.

Alot of people dont understand the importance of fire..Just like stated above in cali..when undergrowth isnt controlled you let the forest choke out sunlight and that cuts back on the groceries..its great for bedding,but not great for food..And when a fire DOES hit..it is disaster,and can ruin the forest.Alot of people dont know the buffalo moved to areas after fire..Fire has a purpose,and humans have impacted the way nature works in several different ways..Fire suppression on land being one..Im not saying let nature burn and destroy houses..I am saying a prescribed fire plan is in order..

I do hate that all of the wildfires are breaking out,and I hope that people houses are saved,and animals are kept safe as well.Most wild animals will be just fine tho,and they will be benefitting soon!

I have not been to the Mountains of colorado,but I am sure the elk will be back..they are probably back now enjoying new growth.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdhunter View Post
    Oh I think Wyoming residents would be just fine if people left. It is one of the top (if not the top) money making state in the US. Twenty years ago we had about 30% less people and were doing fine. Our coal, oil, and gas keep us afloat. No state taxes here either. Best damn state to live in (imo).
    Muleys 24/7
    A lot of people are getting out of this f'ed up state because of high taxes,restriction,etc. on everything. Now we have the idiot moonchild Jerry Brown back for Gov.. What's that tell you about the majority of people who live here ? I'm not far behind. If housing ever comes back up, I'm outa here. I'll park a trailer on my 40 acres in Wy. until I get a cabin built and feel sorry for everybody back in Ca. Not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BossBrott View Post
    Be thankful you dont live in communist Kalifornia, where fire supression has killed the forest. We have very few decent summer, winter ranges that can actually hold animals. Most of our forest is so choked with old underbrush and thick canopies, that when a fire does eventually start, it can/and will grow to epic proportions. Those fires, with all of the fuel, kill everything from the humans that fight them, to the dirt that they grow in. As long as no homes are burned and nobody gets hurt, it will be a boon to hunt in future years. Ive watched our deer populations buckle in the last 50 years, because of fire supression.
    Roger that BossBrott !

Thanks
    Seriously...
    Half the state would be gone.

Thanks
    Hmm, willing to bet that if everyone not born in WY has to leave there will only be a few Indians left. Your parents, grandparents, etc, came here at some point so you are not native either. Just saying....

Thanks
    If u were born in Wyoming then you are a native of Wyoming.

Thanks
    <----- Native!
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13