Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    <----- Native!
    LOL ! I have a bumper sticker that says Wyoming Native that looks like a license plate. In real small writing above it it says
    "Almost a" Had it on there for about 4 yrs. Had the buckin bronco sticker on my back window's for 30 yrs. . I may have not been born there but I have spent a lot of time there in the last 30 yrs.and Wy. has a big part of my heart, so much that I bought 40 acres there in 1996. And I do pay taxes on it. If anybody doesn't like non residents there , I really don't give a sht. Non Resident's millions of $ keeps your Game and Fish Dept. running and your economy depends on them.
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 07-24-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Rider, I have to agree with you on that one. It is the same here in North Dakota where the oil boom is stinking huge there are people here from every state in the US. It is amazing how much this state has changed in the past three years!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    LOL ! I have a bumper sticker that says Wyoming Native that looks like a license plate. In real small writing above it it says
    "Almost a" Had it on there for about 4 yrs. Had the buckin bronco sticker on my back window's for 30 yrs. . I may have not been born there but I have spent a lot of time there in the last 30 yrs.and Wy. has a big part of my heart, so much that I bought 40 acres there in 1996. And I do pay taxes on it. If anybody doesn't like non residents there , I really don't give a sht. Non Resident's millions of $ keeps your Game and Fish Dept. running and your economy depends on them.
    Huntwyodon I don't think the majority of the residents mind the nonresidents being here. I personally enjoy seeing them and try to talk to every nonresident hunter I encounter, a lot of the don't get to hunt the big game animals every year like the residents do. I think when we say get rid of the non native people they are talking about the Jackson and pinedale areas where rich people come in and develope every mountain side they see and then try to change the local governments to their liking. When you say that the only way that the wg&f stays afloat I think that is the most ignorant and stupid statement I have ever heard and I think it has left most people questioning what little intelligence you may have. The fact is Wyoming is one of only two states that has a surplus of money they are nowhere close to being in debt like most of the other states. Coal natural gas and oil keep this state rich alone but when you throw in agriculture and tourism that is pretty much icing on the cake. So don't think that the fraction of a percent of revenue generated by the out of state tags really matters because I just about bet that the game and fish in Wyoming can pretty much wipe their ass with what few dollars that is actually generated by out of state tags.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    And I do pay taxes on it. If anybody doesn't like non residents there , I really don't give a sht. Non Resident's millions of $ keeps your Game and Fish Dept. running and your economy depends on them.[/QUOTE]

First off I love NR hunters, just want them to go home when there done. Just my opinion no one elses.
    And by the way no economy in WY (sure it helps) depends on hunters. FYI

Actually the energy output of this state keeps the G&F, and the state, and the meth heads going. If it wasnt for the energy I bet you wouldnt be here either. The money u NR pay goes into the G&F pockets, and to be quit frank I dnt give a sht about the G&F they have already screwd this state on mulies, moose, well now that I think of it the only thing really doing good in this state as far as numbers go is Elk. As far as the real natives; guess you dont bring a knife to a gun fight.
    Last edited by justinthedoc; 07-25-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyohunter View Post
    Huntwyodon I don't think the majority of the residents mind the nonresidents being here. I personally enjoy seeing them and try to talk to every nonresident hunter I encounter, a lot of the don't get to hunt the big game animals every year like the residents do. I think when we say get rid of the non native people they are talking about the Jackson and pinedale areas where rich people come in and develope every mountain side they see and then try to change the local governments to their liking. When you say that the only way that the wg&f stays afloat I think that is the most ignorant and stupid statement I have ever heard and I think it has left most people questioning what little intelligence you may have. The fact is Wyoming is one of only two states that has a surplus of money they are nowhere close to being in debt like most of the other states. Coal natural gas and oil keep this state rich alone but when you throw in agriculture and tourism that is pretty much icing on the cake. So don't think that the fraction of a percent of revenue generated by the out of state tags really matters because I just about bet that the game and fish in Wyoming can pretty much wipe their ass with what few dollars that is actually generated by out of state tags.
    Ignorant ? I doubt it. an intellectual like you ? I guess not. I've known and talked about the very subject with Wy. G&F employee's over the years. They must have been lies. Maybe we'll be lucky see each other in the field ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthedoc View Post
    And I do pay taxes on it. If anybody doesn't like non residents there , I really don't give a sht. Non Resident's millions of $ keeps your Game and Fish Dept. running and your economy depends on them.
    First off I love NR hunters, just want them to go home when there done. Just my opinion no one elses.
    And by the way no economy in WY (sure it helps) depends on hunters. FYI

Actually the energy output of this state keeps the G&F, and the state, and the meth heads going. If it wasnt for the energy I bet you wouldnt be here either. The money u NR pay goes into the G&F pockets, and to be quit frank I dnt give a sht about the G&F they have already screwd this state on mulies, moose, well now that I think of it the only thing really doing good in this state as far as numbers go is Elk. As far as the real natives; guess you dont bring a knife to a gun fight.[/QUOTE]

I've never brought a knife to a gun fight yet. That would be very foolish...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This thread makes that song, why can't we be friends come to my mind

I moved to wyoming when I was only a couple months old.. I still consider myself a native even though technically I'm not. But I feel like since I have lived here 24 years out of the 24 years I have been alive, that should count right?!

I don't mind out of staters. I helped a guy from Virgina quarter up and pack out an elk while I was elk hunting. I just happened to stumble along him struggling while I was hunting and gave him a hand. It ended up taking up the rest of the day to pack his elk out but he was extremely grateful so I didn't mind. Or when I was lost one year while I was elk hunting, when I finally came upon a road after being lost for 15 hours with no food, water or warm clothes in a rain and snow storm, I helped some guys from Minnesota pack out a deer they had just killed and they gave me a ride back to my truck afterwards. Which is more than I can say for the county 4 dude who I tried to flag down while I was walking down the middle of the road... He actually drove off the road to avoid me.

I personally don't care who sinks more money into the state for tags or whatever else it may be. I think as long as you have respect for the land, animals and people around you then that's all that matters. There's a lot of residents here that act like everyone owes them something. I don't think anyone is better than anyone else just for being a resident.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks Jen. I too have gone out of my way to help both non resident and residents alike pack out their kills. I have friends in Wy. I've known for decades that I've hunted with and have helped me pack out elk and deer in Wy. They too moved there fron South Dakota, etc. and weren't born there but are proud to be from Wy.. They don't get self rightous on me because I'm from Ca.. They know where I've lived and spent a lot of time and I don't call myself a Ca. native so I can be better than anyone else in the state who wasn't born here. I could care less. Doesn't make me any less of a man or person. I can hold my own in any state I hunt and don't have to reside there to know what's going on. I first hunted Wy. when I was 24 yrs. old. Have never missed a yr. since. Have lived and worked on friends ranches there over the yrs. and love the state more than any.That's why I bought property there and not in this f'ked up state. I will live there soon and it won't bother me one bit not to be a native, just like half of the other Wy. residents. I always find "natives" that think they are the ultimate because they live there, Big whoop ! I concern myself with the hunting there. BTW, I'm not a rich lib who bought up half of Jacksonhole. I despise them also.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyohunter View Post
    Almost 70% of Wyoming Fish and Game's funding comes from non resident tag and license sales. Thats alot of money to spend on toilet paper Wyohunter.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    70% is equal to what? I'm sure it's still not much compared to the other examples he listed.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13