Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Game and Fish is funded by the traditional "user pays" philosophy. This means that there is no general fund appropriated from the State for the Game and Fish. The funding comes mainly from the annual sales of licenses to hunters and fishermen. Of those sales, nonresident make up close to 70% of that funding.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    The Game and Fish is funded by the traditional "user pays" philosophy. This means that there is no general fund appropriated from the State for the Game and Fish. The funding comes mainly from the annual sales of licenses to hunters and fishermen. Of those sales, nonresident make up close to 70% of that funding.
    I worked several years for the agency before politics to control, and the G&F has been dipping into the general fund for quit some time now. Also to be accurate the NR fisherman make the G&F the most money, not the big game sale.The big game division side is actually a revenue loss by the time you pay everyones salary (not to mention all the other B.S.). A desk jockey regional supervisor makes over 90k a year (with a B.S. degree thats re-donkulous for what they do). Lived here a long time, and miss going over ridges and not seeing some one coming from the other side. Times change, it just sucks. I seriously think a agency that gets absolutly no money from the license sales should be in control of the management of fisheries, and game animals. i seriously think that is the only way we are ever going to see true game management in WY. Mule Deer are done here, the ranchers are starting to take over and regulate hunting for them and its helping, but for the most part its to late in most of the state.
    Last edited by justinthedoc; 07-27-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    Almost 70% of Wyoming Fish and Game's funding comes from non resident tag and license sales. Thats alot of money to spend on toilet paper Wyohunter.
    LMAO ! I've heard the very figures from G&F people. Doesn't really matter to me what there percentage is though.
    I enjoy helping them out with the thousand's of dollars I've given them for the last 30 yrs. Not to mention all the $$$ spent while there either.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I understand that the nonresident tags generate a significant amount of revenue but there is no possible way that out of state money is going to make or break the game and fish or any other entity in this state.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post
    Which is more than I can say for the county 4 dude who I tried to flag down while I was walking down the middle of the road... He actually drove off the road to avoid me.
    he had to think you were setting him up in a trap..lol..