Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    When is it?
    CC,
    Aug. 18 to 26th.
    Another thing I didn't think of is that the new hospital opens on the 19th. I take care of all phone work at 2 hospitals and 12 of their other bldgs. in 3 cities for a Hospital system. The new hospital is all Cisco so I have nothing to do with it except interfacing with it. All other buildings are NEC. It shouldn't be any big deal. The guy who covers for me can handle any problems that might come up. Already to go on my end.

Thanks
    Congratulations

I might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Haven't been on the Forum for quite some time.
    My son and I drew X12 tags this year. I've hunted X9B a few times and X10 twice and X9A once in 2006.
    Have never been able to draw X12 until now. Been in the zone many times driving though, etc. but not hunted it.
    I had a friend that had hunted it a few times a long time ago but all I remember him mentioning was Bodie Hills.
    The season being Sept.15th to Oct. 8th like X9B and X9A I'm sure most bigger bucks will be up high or still in Nv. !
    Any places to start would be more than appreciated. I have all maps that cover X12 already.
    Thanks
    I live in Bishop and have a X12 tag as well. I have hunted it, but not lately. I will be scouting most every weekend before the opener.

I am looking for something over 25". If I find something else I would be willing to help you fill you tag. What are you looking for? I will be camping at the Willow Springs Campground for a week starting on Sept. 12th or 13th. I will likely be backpacking in unless I find something close.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Intruder View Post
    I live in Bishop and have a X12 tag as well. I have hunted it, but not lately. I will be scouting most every weekend before the opener.

I am looking for something over 25". If I find something else I would be willing to help you fill you tag. What are you looking for? I will be camping at the Willow Springs Campground for a week starting on Sept. 12th or 13th. I will likely be backpacking in unless I find something close.
    Hey Sierra,
    I just drove up from Bishop all the way over 395 Thur. heading above Susanville for my Big Valley antelope hunt.
    Had some nice cool weather with some rain. Hot as hell in Bishop when I stopped. Went to Ford Dealer there to see if it was my fuel pump or turbo that was going out. They couldn't look at it. Mechanic thought fuel pump or injectors. I found out latter myself it was the turbo. No power all the way up. Went back the 5 fwy and the Grapevine in 3rd gear was a joy. I took some pics of some bucks outside of Bridgeport. Not real big. I'm not familiar with that camp ground. I know where Bodie Hills are and a few other places. Have hunted X9B, X9A and X10 a few times but never X12. I'll be getting up there on the 13th. I'm not looking for the biggest buck on the mtn. but if it stepped out I take him. I usaully see what I see the first few days. I know the big ones will become scarce after a day or two. My son and an older gentleman will be with me . The older guy won't be hiking . My son and I will do what it takes. I'd like to see both get any buck before I worry about me. I can out climb and hike my son and he's 20 yrs old.I had a friend that was a park ranger yrs. ago Bodie. He had hunted X12 many times. He always swore by Bodie Hills. I got on Ken's Sporting Goods site and checked out last years bucks. A few nice ones. I'll PM you and give you some info.
    Thanks for replying !

Thanks
    Congratulations

Sierra,
    Here's a few little bucks I saw last Thu. driving through.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phone pics 450.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	3992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phone pics 451.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	3993

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have to cancel my scouting trip for this weekend. My Yellow Lab had to go to the vet and she is needs to stay inside for a few days.

Bodie mountain and Potato Peak have always been decent spots. I have also killed deer in Aurora Canyon. You get to it by turning east after leaving Bridgeport heading toward Nevada. It is clear on the maps. if you are coming from So. Cal there is no reason to go that far. There is a ton of country in X12. I hope to give you better info after I get back up there.

Nowadays you can only drive through the Bodie when they are open. And, the whole basin where the Bodie is located is a no shooting area.

PM me any time. I don't check this forum often.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have to cancel my scouting trip for this weekend. My Yellow Lab had to go to the vet and she is needs to stay inside for a few days.

Bodie mountain and Potato Peak have always been decent spots. I have also killed deer in Aurora Canyon. You get to it by turning east after leaving Bridgeport heading toward Nevada. It is clear on the maps. if you are coming from So. Cal there is no reason to go that far. There is a ton of country in X12. I hope to give you better info after I get back up there.

Nowadays you can only drive through the Bodie when they are open. And, the whole basin where the Bodie is located is a no shooting area.

PM me any time. I don't check this forum often.
    Thanks Sierra !
    I'll send you a PM.