Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leupold RX-1000

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think it would be cheating a store if that was where you bought it from. I guess if you can afford Swarovski, then this wouldn't even be an issue. Good luck, and God Bless.
    My heart belongs to the land my people, the Northern Cheyenne have fought and died for.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had similar issues with 2 Leupold range finders and gave up on them. I have an archer's choice for bowhunting now, and when/if I get one for rifle hunting it will be a Leica - my guide had one last fall in the Gila and it was great out to 1000 yards and doesn't carry the price tag the swarovski does.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by rezavoirdog View Post
    I don't think it would be cheating a store if that was where you bought it from. I guess if you can afford Swarovski, then this wouldn't even be an issue. Good luck, and God Bless.
    I have two young boys to raise dog. They need an upright and honest father to show them what is and is not cheating.
    Lieing and cheating go hand in hand, and I dont do either. 60 days is Cabelas policy on returns for optics. I bought it in October.
    Taking it to Sportsmans instead is lieing, as it was not even bought there. Both locations also know me fairly well, it would not impress, God, me, my wife, kids, or the store management of either location.

I would rather go without than cheat, lie, and subsequently steal.

Doe Nob, it appears as I have noticed, I am just experiencing the level of these chinese made leupold product. Seems they make all their electronic optics in China and not the USA.
    I will use it for fun and not worry to much if the kids want to peek through it.
    Save a few bucks and get a good one this fall.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm not condoning lying and stealing! The store folks know me pretty well too! I do my research and am a reputable consumer. I have asked stores such as Sportsmans' Warehouse and Scheel's if the would take back my optics if I didn't have my reciept, and they said they would. I am well aware of Cabela's most recent policy on optics (as of 2009), that is why I don't buy my optics from them. I take great care of all of my optics and just want to be satisfied with what I purchase.
    My heart belongs to the land my people, the Northern Cheyenne have fought and died for.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 1 Post
    I can read cows at 900yds pretty regular with my Bushnell 1500 Elite. I have played with the 1200 Legend with the ARC also and may sell mine to get that. I want the ARC or a similar system to use with my turret on long range coyotes. Don't have to be off by much to over or under shoot a yote at long range. The 1200 is much smaller and lighter also, easier to carry in a pocket instead of a pack. I always put in a new lithium battery before a hunting trip or deer season whether it needs it or not.
    Last edited by mcseal2; 03-21-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I don't know anybody that has had a positive experience with their Leupy rangefinder. I second mcseal2's recommendation. If you can find a Bushnell Elite 1500 it will range way out there without too much trouble. It is bulky, and the optics are so-so, but glassing is what your binoculars are for. The Elite 1200 is still better than any Leupold rangefinder, but struggles on long range targets compared to the 1500.

Leica also makes excellent rangefinders.