Recent news on the failure of the FDA to approve my vaccine for the 2011 strain of Cabin fever has left me still a bit mad and going further into fits.
Watching the snow melt for two days in a row, only to wake to new snow falling, and covering up what has left us in the last few days.
I have finally come to a solution as to how to generally enjoy summer a bit longer than most here where I live. I was planning hooking up the lawn sprinklers to my hot water tank in an effort to melt the 3 remaining feet of snow in my yard. This would allow me to be able to mow the lawn, I have been lazy and not done it all winter, but convinced my neighbors into the depth of the snow as the main reason.
My fire pit would also become exposed for outdoor fire pit beers and brats nights. I love to have those nights, were you get the guys over, have some cold ones and roast a few brats over the open flames.
I tried to roast them inside this winter in my wood stove, but after ten minutes in there, I was unable to locate them amongst the other piles of ash and coal.
With all the snow, I have contemplated carting over a load or two in my wheelbarrow from the neighbors house to keep the beers in over by my firepit! No need to buy bags of ice for the cooler!
So I got started on this task a few days back now. It took longer than i thought to melt off the snow piles. I had stacked wood by the pit, and put a few beers in the wheel barrow to keep cool while I prepaired to mow the lawn and get ready for the guys!
All this prep time, I needed to rest. I was out of shape for summer from being all cooped up in the house all winter, so inside I went. I spent a few hours on the eastmans forums then my wife surprised me with having a sitter over and taking me out. I lost track of all time as we dinned in the local brewery and ate my favorite primerib dinner, lightly warmed to a glistening pink, and drank several pints of my favorite beer brewed right there in that very building!!! Oh winter blues were being erased with every passing moment....(keep in mind, I never mentioned stopping one important step I started it all with).
We went for a walk out on the frozen paths of the park by the lake, slowly working my nerve up to walk out to the lake and on the slushy top of a frozen wonderland of fish and boating.
The sun began to set and the air got brisk, so off to a drive we went.
Driving to the local elk feed lot, we sat and watched the elk watch us watch them...all too fun a thing to do even in the heart of elk season. I love spending hours stalking up and getting close to a heard of elk that the whole time were enjoying the show and leave the county before the credits even begin to run.
The night had become to fun, and was all but over, so home we went. Sent the sitter home and put the boys to bed.
I went to sleep dreaming of summer, firepits, and brats!!!

This morning I woke, had some coffee, watched the news of Nuclear disaster, and wondered if the elk would have three sets of antlers this year or not........then went to take a nice long, hot shower and go about my early summer yard set up.
Hmm my shower was brisk, and not so long....as in I didnt stay in it long, just to clear up that misnomer. However during my shower, thoughts went from hot roasted summer brats and beers to why turtles hybernate in winter.

I came out asking my wife why there was no hot water?, she just simply opened up the blinds......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unknown.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	548