Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cabin Fever 2011 Strain Vaccines

Recent news on the failure of the FDA to approve my vaccine for the 2011 strain of Cabin fever has left me still a bit mad and going further into fits.
    Watching the snow melt for two days in a row, only to wake to new snow falling, and covering up what has left us in the last few days.
    I have finally come to a solution as to how to generally enjoy summer a bit longer than most here where I live. I was planning hooking up the lawn sprinklers to my hot water tank in an effort to melt the 3 remaining feet of snow in my yard. This would allow me to be able to mow the lawn, I have been lazy and not done it all winter, but convinced my neighbors into the depth of the snow as the main reason.
    My fire pit would also become exposed for outdoor fire pit beers and brats nights. I love to have those nights, were you get the guys over, have some cold ones and roast a few brats over the open flames.
    I tried to roast them inside this winter in my wood stove, but after ten minutes in there, I was unable to locate them amongst the other piles of ash and coal.
    With all the snow, I have contemplated carting over a load or two in my wheelbarrow from the neighbors house to keep the beers in over by my firepit! No need to buy bags of ice for the cooler!
    So I got started on this task a few days back now. It took longer than i thought to melt off the snow piles. I had stacked wood by the pit, and put a few beers in the wheel barrow to keep cool while I prepaired to mow the lawn and get ready for the guys!
    All this prep time, I needed to rest. I was out of shape for summer from being all cooped up in the house all winter, so inside I went. I spent a few hours on the eastmans forums then my wife surprised me with having a sitter over and taking me out. I lost track of all time as we dinned in the local brewery and ate my favorite primerib dinner, lightly warmed to a glistening pink, and drank several pints of my favorite beer brewed right there in that very building!!! Oh winter blues were being erased with every passing moment....(keep in mind, I never mentioned stopping one important step I started it all with).
    We went for a walk out on the frozen paths of the park by the lake, slowly working my nerve up to walk out to the lake and on the slushy top of a frozen wonderland of fish and boating.
    The sun began to set and the air got brisk, so off to a drive we went.
    Driving to the local elk feed lot, we sat and watched the elk watch us watch them...all too fun a thing to do even in the heart of elk season. I love spending hours stalking up and getting close to a heard of elk that the whole time were enjoying the show and leave the county before the credits even begin to run.
    The night had become to fun, and was all but over, so home we went. Sent the sitter home and put the boys to bed.
    I went to sleep dreaming of summer, firepits, and brats!!!

This morning I woke, had some coffee, watched the news of Nuclear disaster, and wondered if the elk would have three sets of antlers this year or not........then went to take a nice long, hot shower and go about my early summer yard set up.
    Hmm my shower was brisk, and not so long....as in I didnt stay in it long, just to clear up that misnomer. However during my shower, thoughts went from hot roasted summer brats and beers to why turtles hybernate in winter.

I came out asking my wife why there was no hot water?, she just simply opened up the blinds......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unknown.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	548
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Great story! LMAO
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I can relate, but I have to admit, never thought of hooking up the hot water to the sprinklers! Might just work!
    Shoot STR8

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey I will try some of that vaccine for Cabin Fever! Over here in the Beartooths I have 130 inches of the flakes dropping since November. The power went off this morning at 6:00 and it's snowing again. Out I go to crank up the generator! The game is smarter then me it all head down country with the wolves in tow. Shoveled the roof off twice this winter and each time I would think of fly fishing in Florida in flip flops and a cold beer! So this is my lot in life. Just kept dreaming Mike and don't stop shoveling the white stuff. Guy's I hear spring is around the corner they saw grizzly tracks. Mike
    Mike Eastman
    Founder Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Right on!!!

Yeah, you can still BBQ in the freezing cold;
    Step 1 - Crack a beer.
    Step 2 - Make a fire and get a long stick
    Step 3 - Put on your sunglasses
    Step 4 - Crank up the Beach Boys
    Step 5 - See step number one
    Step 6 - Put those Bratwursts over the flames. By this time you'll be almost there! Good luck

PS - I never liked mowing wet grass, I would just skip that one!
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I cried uncle yesterday! I have had my diaphram call in my mouth all winter and keep falling asleep with out removing it. Not a dangerous thing until my wife hits me in the head for making turkey and elk calls in my sleep at 3:00 a.m.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    well,I thought spring was comimg but it's snowing right now!!!Guess I'm going to put the snow gear back on and head to the mountains tomorrow and do some horn hunting.
    Can you handle the challenge.... hunt hard but safe!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by shed View Post
    I cried uncle yesterday! I have had my diaphram call in my mouth all winter and keep falling asleep with out removing it. Not a dangerous thing until my wife hits me in the head for making turkey and elk calls in my sleep at 3:00 a.m.
    Shed thats a great Idea...I need to go dig mine out and get a good scope soak going on them...see if I cant revive them or if not, I might be forced to go to Cabelas again....either way, a positive end!
    I hunt because......