Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 6 Posts
    CVA Accura's are EXCELLENT rifles they are:

Very Accurate
    Have one of the best triggers I have shot on a factory rifle
    Easy to maintain.

It's a real shame to bad mouth them at all. Ed Shilen, one of the best barrel manufacturers in the world was the technical consultant to Bergara. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-YEA0DRaas

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BKC you sound a bit like a bully with your tangent
    Carl

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    I would stay away from a CVA, even though I own an older CVA .54 cal. If I was to buy a new one I would buy a T/C. Yes the CVA had some problems but not all problems were operator error. If operator error were consistant across the board, then you would have a hell of a lot more failures with T/C, since there are more T/C'S out there than CVA's. Yhis is not the case however. The problem is in Spain where most of CVA's barrels are made.

You might want to check that again. CVA is the #1 selling muzzleloader. TC has law suits too, but they keep them hidden better.

You'll also see Bergara barrels being put on TC's. I never heard of a TC barrel on a CVA.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineboy View Post
    BKC you sound a bit like a bully with your tangent
    If thinking that being able to use a scope of any magnification power on a muzzleloader, in Colorado, during a muzzleload only season, while everyone else in the state has to go without a scope during the same season, is being a bully. Then yes, put me down for being a bully.
    I could care less if you hunt with a CVA, T/C, Knight, etc... I could care less if you shoot long range or up close and personal. I could care less if you want to wear orange or not when you hunt. But when we are all after the same licenses and the same game in the same state and you have something that others don't have, that is not being equal. I guess you have to ask yourself "what is fair chase and what isn't"

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree with you on the scope. That's why I went back to a sidelock with iron sights. I called up the DOW, and told them to take the disability to use a scope in ML season off. I'll also use the same gun in rifle seasons

Now those with good eyes and inline muzzleloaders have the advantage over me. In rifle season everybody has an advantage. Would that be you BKC?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    I could care less if you hunt with a CVA, T/C, Knight, etc... I could care less if you shoot long range or up close and personal. I could care less if you want to wear orange or not when you hunt. But when we are all after the same licenses and the same game in the same state and you have something that others don't have, that is not being equal. I guess you have to ask yourself "what is fair chase and what isn't"
    I think you are being a little hard on people with disabilities. They have every right to enjoy what we enjoy despite being disabled. Do you also have a problem with disabled parking, having wheelchair accessable ramps, curbing and business requirements? You need to put yourself in their situation and THEN make a judgement. If you could not see the sights on a gun and the only solution was a scope or not hunting, what would do?
    Get my point.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I did not know that co had this option for compromised eye sight but when I read this post I liked to see that there are options for hunters that are getting up there in years. When I lose the ability to hunt on public land that will be it for me. Going cookie cutter hunts to continue will not please me. So if there is a way to keep going in the country and seasons I grow to love I'm going to use that aid to do so (if it is legal). As my dad gets older I see how it can be a challenge and you too will get to that point some day. Just something to think about
    Carl

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I said from the beginning, that I didn't want to turn this into a handicap issue. If I needed a scope to see what I was shooting at then I could hunt from early September till late December with my rifle with a scope. I could choose to give up on muzzleloading totally or use my muzzleloader during any rifle season and have my scope on it. I could still hunt and get out in the field as I did before. I comend OH on the fact that he decided not to continue use of the scope on his muzzleloader during muzzleload season. CC, Don't be rediculous and use wheelchair ramps and disabled parking in your argument! OH, I'm 52, not a spring chicken but not ready for the retirement home. Youth always will have the advantage.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I never used a scope in ML season. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead I decided to get even closer. I'm well within bow range now. That's when I decided to go back to a sidelock. I sure didn't need a gun that shoots past 50yds if I can't see any further than that.

It was one of the main reasons I was going to retire, but I figured 50 yd hunting, or even 25 yd hunting is better than no hunting. One thing for sure. The 425gr bullet is going to know the snot out of anything I hit.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    BKC I fail to see the difference in the situations I cited. Handicapped is handicapped, they usually need some assistance to accomplish what you and I take for granted. My Dad, rest his soul, had macular degeneration and couldn't see regular iron sights. He could shoot well enough to kill an elk with my .300 mag and scope, which he did at 90 years old. But if he decided to go M/L hunting, should he be denied the use of a scope on a M/L, I think not, and it appears that Colo G & F agrees also.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley