Thread: thermarest

Thanks

thermarest

Anyone have any experience with the new Thermarest XLite or XTherm sleeping pads? Looking for a COMFORTABLE pad around 1lb or less. These look new and wondering about durability. I have been using a z lite but at 3/4 inch is not that great for a side sleeper.

Thanks
    the big agnes is my favorite pad, gave it a test run last september in CO for 13 nights and no hip pains, Im a side sleeper. The thermarest will still get used when there's snow one the ground just cause its a bit warmer. The thermarest air looks good and light but It's durability was a worry for me.

http://https://www.bigagnes.com

Thanks
    I agree with Maineboy. The Big Agnes is a good choice for a side sleeper. It just seems like it is more sturdier than the thermarest.

Thanks
    i used the xlite on a 6 night hike in the tetons about 3 weeks ago. i am a side sleeper also and had no issues. I thought the noise would bother me from what I had read in reviews, but i didn't even notice it. love the leight weight! I used tyvex for a footprint and i have a tarptent moment. i would recommend the xlite if you don't mind spending a little extra on a pad. one other nice benefit is that since it does not have traditional insulation, you can store it rolled up.

Thanks
    Update guys i went with the big agnes mummy. Flat out awesome. Tried a few in a local store. It is a little heavier than i wanted to go at 23 oz but im hoping it will make up for it with good nights sleep. I did try the neo air and xlite but the agnes felt alot more durable. the Xlite feels like wrapping paper and extremely noisey. thanks for the info!!

Thanks
    I have had good luck using a combo of 2 pads. I use a cheap foam pad, it is a thermarest one and a 3\4 lenght pro lite. I roll them both together and it is very light but with a little bit of cush.

Thanks
    I have both the z lite but upgraded to a 2012 Neoair Xlite. I don't notice the crunch all that much and I like how it packs and it is more comfort than the old z lite.