Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    this will get shot down. something deff needs to happen though, we need to make these things scared of us, getting to dangerous out there, even for the seasoned sportsman. had 2 diff sets of grizz tracks at my bait sight this spring, a unit fish and game claims grizz hasnt habbited yet, think again.
    I've talked to a couple outfitters and have heard scary stories. One guy fired 3 slugs from a 12 ga. next to the bear that was on their elk when the came back to get it and that wouldn't scare it off until he switched to 00 buck. My friend rode up one side of the mtn. to get his elk and passsed 6 different grizzlies. on the way back down the other side he passed 7 different grizzlies. That's a little over populated. A taxidermist friend has a picture of a grizzley sleeping on top of their elk. Screw that ! 6 yrs. ago I was driving up the mtn. and saw a sow griz with two cubs going the oposite direction. later on I found a dead buck they were feeding. about a 20 in 4 pt.. I still wonder if the bear killed it or found it dead or what. Was out in the open ???

Thanks
    Congratulations
    huntwyodon, that was in wyoming im guessing? yeah scary stuff, they dont fear us! then whenone gets shot they treat us worse than chomos and make us evil people. change is deff instore. we had the grizz in unit 66 in idaho. several in driggs area, also seen 2 in dimond creek last year while scouting for elk.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    huntwyodon, that was in wyoming im guessing? yeah scary stuff, they dont fear us! then whenone gets shot they treat us worse than chomos and make us evil people. change is deff instore. we had the grizz in unit 66 in idaho. several in driggs area, also seen 2 in dimond creek last year while scouting for elk.
    Ivorytip,
    Yes it was. Cody area. Have seen more and more over the years there and they definitely have no fear of humans. Friends there tell me alot of stories too. I talked to a hunter a couple years ago that shot a buck. But the time he got over to it and found it. There was a griz standing on it with it's front paws looking at him while bouncing up and done one it with it's front legs. Fck. that ! He told
    Fish and Game and they said go shoot another buck... I wonder if that is what happend to the buck I found that the sow and 2 cubs were feeding on now that I think of it ???

Thanks
    Congratulations
    wow, make a cool pic i guess cody area huh? i just had a good friend move down there, best taxidermist i know, you should look him up. montieth taxidermy. the guy does magical work. fixed my broken deer horn and created the best shoulder mount ive seen. dont ask why horn was broke, long story, one shot kill so thats what counts right?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    wow, make a cool pic i guess cody area huh? i just had a good friend move down there, best taxidermist i know, you should look him up. montieth taxidermy. the guy does magical work. fixed my broken deer horn and created the best shoulder mount ive seen. dont ask why horn was broke, long story, one shot kill so thats what counts right?
    I have a taxidermist friend in Cody. Name is Dean. He owns Bighorn taxidermy. I bet it rolled and broke it or you shot it off !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So far I have been fortunate. I have seen 20 plus grizzly in the last three years and they have all ran the other way.

All encounters have been in the Cody area.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    we cut across some grizz tracks in unit 76 in middle of september, idaho. big ole pads. hunting method sure changes fast after that.