Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    both sides play the classwarfare game. and so many people buy into it. getting people to pick "sides" and "blame" someone else is the reason this country has the problems it has. Us folks in the middle get trampled on while the extremes on both sides run things. It is sad.

But I think I am done with this thread after this post. emotions are getting too high.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    WY G&F: We are in financial crisis, we are seeking public input.

Minions: Let's start a lottery so hunting goes to highest bidder! The poor game wardens! Let's slash the salaries of the boots on the ground! Let's hose those darn out of staters, they can afford it! Let's make those residents pay more, a little bit from so many will surely be tolerated!

It seems to me that we are accepting the notion that: 1.there is indeed a true financial crisis 2.that it is so dire 3.the department is already so efficient 4.the experts within the department have exhausted all internal viable options and 5. without 'public input' (code speak for increased revenue), the inevitable outcome is that our quality of life will be diminished to an unacceptable level.

I think if the department is actually interested in public input, why not have an independent audit performed by a qualified entity and make bare the information to a comprehensive approach on improving the efficiency those services that are vital, growing those services that are solvent, trimming those services that are non-essential, and after evaluation/implementation of the audit recommendations; then determine if they are truly in crisis and beat the 'woe is me' drum.

It seems to me that there is, at least at some level, some shameless and disingenuous gamesmanship going on here. I do not doubt that they are having trouble balancing the checkbook, but who doesn't struggle with that?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry for the rant. Read a little bit of the scriptures to hit the reset button.

I hope someone out there perforated a trophy antelope this evening while I was busy being a keyboard scholar!