Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthedoc View Post
    Thats where your failing to understand how this states G&F works, its not salary envy its common sense. Its why detroit F-ed up. You dont pay someone 30$ an hour to push a damn button. Here (WY) you have a fisheries, and a big game side, funny how the big game side is the only side thats loosing the G&F money. The fisheries division profits millions of $$$. Not saying they shouldnt get paid, kudos to them for geting the money, I have many degrees could have made way more money than I did in a contract position, but chose that job because of the job. Its a great gig, thats why you can get better people with less pay, oh and by the way, the HP's here have high school degrees (not nocking a High school degree) so not exactly the cream of the crop. Its not a revenue problem thats B.S. I dare them to show us a number of any decrease in license sales, or any proof of less folks putting in for those licenses. The state poulation in the last ten years has almost doubled. Its a lie plain and simple, they just want more $$$, or are just planning more pay increases. And the trucks they replace when they get 75k miles on them. And its supposed to be that only on call LE guys can drive department trucks home. Now I see biologists, supervisors, and heck even the director of them gets to drive his green truck home and to work every day. Betcha that adds up to a few grand every month in just fuel.
    No increases I dnt care if its for Res, or NR...

Let em go belly up, maybe its time to start over.
    Amen to that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just curious, where did you find the salaries for game wardens?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As long as the government is running the government, things are going to be $*@?#& up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Used to be one for twenty years still have many a friend workin there. I could tell you lots more but dont need anyone loosing there job. Also dont need anyone knowing who I am, and being there state employees its public knowledge if you want to call the state guys in cheyenne, and if there is a warden vacancy you can find the starting salary on the state hiring page. I remember back in the day when they hired off-duty sheriff officers to help with the load so they didnt have the have a warden salary the entire year. Sure less jobs, but atleast its less revenue, and most of those SO's were pretty good dudes, and had more authority than a game warden. (in Wy you can only write game violations nothing else)
    Last edited by justinthedoc; 08-01-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Angry

Well its official boys and girls there going to ask me and you to pay higher license fee's to bail there arses out again. I am figuring a 15-20$ increase for residents, and probly 100$ for NR. Let your voices be heard guys, call cheyenne let them know were sick of bailing people out. Cover your own check book, I have to cover mine.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthedoc View Post
    Well its official boys and girls there going to ask me and you to pay higher license fee's to bail there arses out again. I am figuring a 15-20$ increase for residents, and probly 100$ for NR. Let your voices be heard guys, call cheyenne let them know were sick of bailing people out. Cover your own check book, I have to cover mine.
    Yep . It will be 10 times the amout of what ever the resident fee is. That's the norm in most states. Lovely. The first time I ever hunted in Wy. in 1983 it was $100.00 for a deer tag and $100.00 for and antelope tag. You could buy an additional limited quota whitetail tag for $60.00. Had three tags every year for 5 yrs. . Oh the good old days... Are gone !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Yep . It will be 10 times the amout of what ever the resident fee is. That's the norm in most states. Lovely. The first time I ever hunted in Wy. in 1983 it was $100.00 for a deer tag and $100.00 for and antelope tag. You could buy an additional limited quota whitetail tag for $60.00. Had three tags every year for 5 yrs. . Oh the good old days... Are gone !
    Maybe you should move to wyoming then you could have those three tags again!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post
    Maybe you should move to wyoming then you could have those three tags again!
    LOL ! I plan to in the next couple yrs. or whenever the dam housing market goes back up !
    It would be nice to pay resident fees ! You would probably be buggin me all the time though...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nonresident tag prices are getting ridiculous, especially in states where you have to buy the nonresident license first and it is nonrefundable when you're not drawn. On top of airfare or gas to drive from several states away and all the other costs of hunting, including taxidermy (hopefully) it is just getting too expensive for the non-addicted.

Or, look at MT where you must buy a deer and elk combo tag for nearly $900! Give me a break!

There is always a point at which price increases become counterproductive by driving off too many customers. The revenue loss is more than what you gain from the higher prices. Just simple economics. I think many Game and Fish departments are just about there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Nonresident tag prices are getting ridiculous, especially in states where you have to buy the nonresident license first and it is nonrefundable when you're not drawn. On top of airfare or gas to drive from several states away and all the other costs of hunting, including taxidermy (hopefully) it is just getting too expensive for the non-addicted.

Or, look at MT where you must buy a deer and elk combo tag for nearly $900! Give me a break!

There is always a point at which price increases become counterproductive by driving off too many customers. The revenue loss is more than what you gain from the higher prices. Just simple economics. I think many Game and Fish departments are just about there.
    You hit it on the nose hoshour. This will be my 30th year of hunting Wy. and this was the fist time in 30 yrs. I didn't apply for draw in Ut. I applied for points only. Wasn't worth the poor hunting since 2008 where I always went. The price of fuel and tags,food,etc. I bet I saved at least $1200.00. The last two yrs. I've been saying to myself I think this will be the last year for out of state. Can't afford it anymore. I still hunt in Az. a lot and have some good friends there I hunt with. Cheaper on fuel too. Az. and Nv. are two states that make you buy a license even to apply for pts.. Extorsion comes to mind...Montana ? Rip off.
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 08-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.