Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thinking either 130g or 140g accubonds. Would like to shoot it but every since I bought it I have been on fires.

Thanks
    Send it my way and I'll shoot it for you. I'm only 50 minutes away!! I'll even clean it when I'm done. Shoot one and clean, shoot one and clean. I'll even break it in right.
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    The 140gr accubonds have performed very well for me at 3000fps from my 264WM. My muley last year I hit quartering away hard at the back rib and found the bullet under the hide in the opposite side of the neck weighing 60%. All the other one's I've shot at game have passed through. Deer tend to run 80-100yds after a lung shot with them, but not much further. I think you will really like your new rifle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post
    The 140gr accubonds have performed very well for me at 3000fps from my 264WM. My muley last year I hit quartering away hard at the back rib and found the bullet under the hide in the opposite side of the neck weighing 60%. All the other one's I've shot at game have passed through. Deer tend to run 80-100yds after a lung shot with them, but not much further. I think you will really like your new rifle.
    When I hit a deer with Accubonds out of my 7mm SAUM they drop in their tracks. I use 140 and 160 grains.

Thanks
    I haven't had that quick of kills, but I usually aim to take out both lungs and not breaking shoulders. Maybe the larger frontal area or greater velocity of your bullet causes more shock for a quicker kill. Most of the bucks I've shot have been mature big bodied mid-western whitetail and they seldom die easily.

Where do you usually hit them with your 7SAUM?

Thanks
    I'm super interested to hear how that new gun shoots.I'm considering the same rifle as a next project.
    Look real hard at the Barnes 127 gr LRX bullet in 6.5.I think at the velocities you'll be posting that bullet will hammer em.
    I just killed a small Blacktail trhis past wekend here in california with the LRX out of my 300 wm.Found the bullet stuck in an offside rib.It went in weighing 175 grains and weighs 174.9 now.All I lost was the little blue tip and it mushroomed perfectly.I'm sold

Thanks
    Gun shoots awesome with 140g accubonds. I might try those barnes for a little more speed. Haven had a chance to kill anything with it though.

Thanks
    I shoot Accubonds in all my rifles for all big game. Put 'em where they belong and they always do the job. A buddy of mine has a Savage in 6.5/.284 that he shoots for prairie dogs. Awesome rifle for that way out there stuff...

Banned
    Thanks
    6.5 fad here in Australia is starting to wane.

I built a 6.5x47 Lapua, and there are a lot of 264 Win Mag, 6.5x284, 6.5x55 Ackley, 6.5x68 Schuler, and 6.5 Creedmoor rifles around town.

There is a lot of speculation that something weird happens in 6.5 caliber that doesn't happen in 6mm, 7mm, .338 and .308 caliber at long range.

We shoot F-Class from 300-1400, 1000 yard Benchrest, and sniper shoots every weekend. There is a new belief that somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 yards the spin drift effect on the 6.5's long for caliber length throws in a weird distortion. This seems to be especially evident in VLD heavy for caliber 6.5s.

Could be hoopla, could be true, not sure. But I have seen it in about half of all the 6.5 caliber rifles on the range.

Enough that I am kind of a believer. I'd like to speak with Brian Litz and Todd Hodnett about it when get back to the states next year.

These are custom rifles on either trued Remington M700's, trued-Howas or things like Surgeon, Stiller, Stolle, BAT, or Barnard. And top end barrels from Krieger, Shilen, True-Flight, Border, and so on. Not just crap thrown together.

Thanks
    Always had a yen for a .264 WinMag in a pre 64 M70. A friend has one and I've always told him if he ever decides to sell it, give me a chance to buy it. Probably wouldn't shoot it much as it would be pretty hard to set down my 25-06, it shoots too damn good! Best deer/antelope gun I have ever shot!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley