Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shirley Mountains Deer hunting

So this year I drew an area 47 antelope tag and will be spending a lot of time in that area. Two years ago i worked on the Pathfinder Ranch doing wildlife surveys and was able to spend some time around the shirley mountains. I saw quite a few nice buck deer around, and i was wondering if anyone knows if that area gets a lot of people in it during hunting season? Any info is appreciated!!!

Keylen

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Unfortunatly most areas are crowded with bowhunters anywhere now, and especially when there is another season going on (ELk). The Q has or had most of that place tied up, and I heard, dont know for sure, but I heard the pathfinder ranch teamed up with the Q. So dont really know what info I can give ya. There are good deer there, just alot of em figured out where they can and cant get hunted as much.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My two son's and I hunted antelope in area 47 two years ago and had a great hunt. I would be happy to share what I know about that. This year one of my boys and I are returning to the area to hunt deer, and he has an area 48 doe antelope tag. We were also planning on hunting in deer area 70 on Shirley Mtn. I think we will camp near the Miracle Mile and go at it from there. We too are concerned about access and would like to get away from the crowds. We are not really trophy hunting but it is his first mule deer hunt and I would like to have a good experience with at least an opportunity at a decent buck.