Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i know just what you guys mean, I have a lot of friends but none have the passion for back country hunting like i do and i have to end up hunting alone with a outfitter or not going. i can fish all the back country there is and have but hunting makes me nervous for some reason maybe because its alot of work to pack a elk out myself or have someone to bounce ideas off of. but i just started a new job and a couple of guys seem to very interested so maybe one of them will fit the bill. my biggest worry is going into wilderness i have not been or planing a trip to a place i never seen.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    [QUOTE=Fink;33567]Gawd Dayum.. No wonder you guys hunt solo... The worst hunting partner story I ever had was when my brother decided to get married on the 25th of September this year, effectively ruining my first choice of dates to hunt, and ruining his ability to go with us.[QUOTE]

Some years back, my Brother-in-Law decided he was going to get married again (in Las Vegas), and asked me to be his best man. I agreed (hot future Sister in Law), and asked him the date of the wedding. He told me that it was on Halloween, and I told him that I had to change my answer to No! Why not he asked. My answer: First of all, only a damn fool would get married in Las Vegas on Halloween. Who is doing the wedding, an Elvis impersonator in a Halloween costume? This has to be a bad omen. More importantly, you must have lost your mind to expect me to miss half of the second split of Colorado Elk Season to be at a wedding!!! Much hue and cry from the family members, but they did get married on Halloween in Las Vegas with no best man. I went to Colorado solo (more flakes!), and killed an Elk on his wedding day that was uphill from the truck! I celebrated the elk and his wedding with a good steak and a bottle of good red wine. Some years later, they got divorced (see-bad omen), but the elk is still dead.
    Last edited by Sawfish; 08-14-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    [QUOTE=Sawfish;33612][QUOTE=Fink;33567]Gawd Dayum.. No wonder you guys hunt solo... The worst hunting partner story I ever had was when my brother decided to get married on the 25th of September this year, effectively ruining my first choice of dates to hunt, and ruining his ability to go with us.

Some years back, my Brother-in-Law decided he was going to get married again (in Las Vegas), and asked me to be his best man. I agreed (hot future Sister in Law), and asked him the date of the wedding. He told me that it was on Halloween, and I told him that I had to change my answer to No! Why not he asked. My answer: First of all, only a damn fool would get married in Las Vegas on Halloween. Who is doing the wedding, an Elvis impersonator in a Halloween costume? This has to be a bad omen. More importantly, you must have lost your mind to expect me to miss half of the second split of Colorado Elk Season to be at a wedding!!! Much hue and cry from the family members, but they did get married on Halloween in Las Vegas with no best man. I went to Colorado solo (more flakes!), and killed an Elk on his wedding day that was uphill from the truck! I celebrated the elk and his wedding with a good steak and a bottle of good red wine. Some years later, they got divorced (see-bad omen), but the elk is still dead.
    Fink, you still crack me up !
    Saw,
    You have some dam good stories. I always look forward to you PM's too. I'd of told him the same thing. You getting an elk on his wedding day was Righteous ! (elk steak and redwine sounds pretty good right now. Think I'll have some tonight My dumbsht brother years ago decided to tell me two days before that he was getting married New Year Eve in Lake Tahoe (Nevada side). I already had plans and was not happy about it. So I show up there on New Year's Eve. It had just snowed and the parking lot was iced over and full of cars and to top it off was not level. It was on a hill/slanted. I'm driving around the parking lot at 11:50pm sliding all over the place in my cherry 1970 Dodge Charger R/T almost hitting cars about 5 times. Couldn't find a place to park. Left the lot and parked on the "level" street out front. I walked in at 2 min. before midnight just to hear "I Do" . Big whoop. What a joke. He couldn't of done that where he lived ? The only good thing about it is the next day I got to sit in the bar and watch the Raiders beat the Redskin's badly . I think Redskin's only scored once and got beat by 30 plus pts. or something like that. I did like John Riggins who played for Redskins though. He was one tough running back that took more than one guy to pull down and good for at least 5 yds. everytime he carried the ball. Him and Larry Csonka for Miami I loved to watch. Both hunter's also. This was in 1980. We had Our best president ever "Ronnie" back then too. Remember when he called the Redskin's "America's team ? Well Bro was divorced a year later. What a dumbsht.
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 08-14-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is an old thread. but worth revisiting. The upshot of my review is: Never sacrifice a good hunting trip to go to a wedding-even if it is your own. A case in point. Three years ago, my wife's best friend's daughter was getting married on the same weekend as the wedding, and my wife was serving as wedding coordinator. I declined to attend because in my opinion, most young folks these days get married more times than you get chances at quality deer! I ignored all of the P-----g and moaning about not being at the wedding, and nailed a white muzzled 4 x 3 Blacktail with my 25/06 Encore pistol at precisely the same moment the vows were exchanged. As I gave the old deer his final farewell, I remarked to him, "I know you are not doing too well right now, but there is one other SOB in this world, who is worse off than you!" (thinking of the father of the bride). After returning from the hunt, I told this story to him, and he told me how all of the members of the groom's family were late; gorged themselves at the hosted bar;, and were generally obnoxious! He agreed with my decision not to attend!
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA