Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts

New Rifle LR 1000

I called Gunwerks and got my name in at the factory to build me a LR 1000 with the Nightforce scope and muzzle brake.
    This gun is very expensive but Ive wanted one for a long time and decided to let a few guns collecting dust in the safe go to come up with the cash. The long range hunting discussion has been a very controversial subject on the forum in the past and I'm not looking that type of discussion on this post but I would like input on the gun itself.

What can really make the value of this gun so high? Is it because it's not really a massed produced?

I know the scope alone is $2k+ but I want the package deal, but if you take the cost of the scope out of the deal I think the cost of the gun alone isn't all that bad for what I'm getting.

I know there are other guns out there including my current rifles I hunt with now that I am comfortable shooting long range that I have that cost half as much but I want to consolidate and I think this is the rifle for me.

Any thoughts on the production of this gun and it's components?

Thanx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My friend here in Arkansas has gone to the Night Force scope and tells me it is the way to go. All my scopes use reticles for different ranges but I have a 600yd limit. I have thought about going to 700 but it would take a lot of work.
    The high cost of your package is because it is a package, IMO. I don't really know that your new gun will out shoot production guns by much at the bench, however it gives you a lot of knowns. The ballistics provided to you that goes with your package gives you a big advantage and a boost in confidence. There are lots of holes in my shooting system that you won't have. I am okay at 100yd multiples but the in between are only educated guesses.
    Bottom line I think you did the right thing. We only need one or maybe two guns in the first place, I have toomany and like them all. I am beginning to come full circle and just use one gun and one bullet, same load every time. Practice is expensive but a sure shot is rewarding. Happy Shooting

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xtreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats on the new rifle!

I really don't think that it is a bad price and it could be a great price depending on exactly who makes the components. If you subtract the scope at 2K then you are looking at a bit less than $2500. I suspect the action is made by Defiance but in any case it is a $1000 dollar + item, the barrel will ring in at 3-4 hundred, add 5-6 bills for the Micky stock and another 1-2 for rings and bases. That adds up quick, I'm sure they get volume discounts from the vendors but when you toss in load development and a hard case I think the price is in line.

I really would like to have one myself. What caliber did you get?

Bob

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BobT For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    Congrats on the new rifle!

I really don't think that it is a bad price and it could be a great price depending on exactly who makes the components. If you subtract the scope at 2K then you are looking at a bit less than $2500. I suspect the action is made by Defiance but in any case it is a $1000 dollar + item, the barrel will ring in at 3-4 hundred, add 5-6 bills for the Micky stock and another 1-2 for rings and bases. That adds up

quick, I'm sure they get volume discounts from the vendors but when you toss in load development and a hard case I think the price is in line.

I really would like to have one myself. What caliber did you get?

Bob

I got the 7mm LRM

They do include the reloading recipe or I can buy boxes from them at $60 per box. Also if you go the their web site the cost at the bottom of the LR 1000 is the base cost unit. If it was that cost I would have had one along time ago. This one is $7k!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank goodness, I didn't have the nerve to ask what caliber. I think you have it all right. I shoot the 168 berger loaded by HSM. They loaded it for snipers. Mine go 3027fps. Your gun will move them a little faster. They cost a little less than $50. most places.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
    Thank goodness, I didn't have the nerve to ask what caliber. I think you have it all right. I shoot the 168 berger loaded by HSM. They loaded it for snipers. Mine go 3027fps. Your gun will move them a little faster. They cost a little less than $50. most places.
    I think it is their version of the 7mm STW.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I got the 7mm LRM
    Interesting, I started out playing with a 7MM Remington magnum, not quite what I was looking for, then I went to the 7mm RUM, too much of a good thing. The current project is a 7MM Mashburn Super, I think we are in the same ballistic ballpark, the STW will do it too but the Mashburn is cheaper to feed. That price isn't out of line with what the other LR builders are charging. Hope you love it! I was shooting steel yesterday at 580, a year ago I would have been a skeptic, now it's like what I imagine a drug addict must feel when they need a "fix"

Bob

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BobT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The action appears to be a Stiller....People either love em or hate em. My brother has a rifle in the works with a Stiller Preadator SA. Curious to see what he thinks.

Personally, if I"m going to spend that kind of coin I'm going to pick my own components and pick my own gunsmith. But I'd never spend that kind of coin. 7k for a rifle and scope combo is crazy!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Heck, with a $3500 Schmidt and Bender (which I don't own) on top of a couple of my customs that still only brings me to $5500-5700 for the combo....

Dude your paying too much for a name here I think. Start pricing out components and gunsmithing costs and see what you come up with.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Whisky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats on a great purchase. let us know how she shoots.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bigshot For This Useful Post: