Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am not stirring the pot, 7K is way outta my league and I'm sure that is the case for 99% of us. Go to the Safari Club Convention, probably a lot of them can afford one (or maybe 2 or 3!). The thing is that I really don't think it shoots any better than my custom commercial Mauser, Shilen match SS barrel, Bell & Carlson stock and Leupold VXIII 4 x 10 in .300 Wby with my handloads! I could buy 2 of mine and have a lot left over for reloading components or a down payment on a trophy outfitted hunt. I can (and have) shot moa out to 700 yards and I'm sure it will do the same at 1000. It takes a lot of work and tuning (especially in the load receipe) to get results like I get. I have spent lots of hours at the range practicing and getting the right load.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    GULP.....7 thousand dollars?? Did I read that right? WOW! I had no idea they cost that kind of money. I enjoy watching Best of the West, but I "Assumed" the rifles ran around $3,000 to $3,500. I just got educated.
    They do without the scope and extra add ons.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Did you get it yet? If so does it meet your expectations? People can say they would or wouldn't buy from these guys. I think the show and popularity may have raised the price a bit. That being said I have always wanted to buy a rig like this and I think it is bad ass that you went out on a limb and bought one. Congrats on an awesome purchase!
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 4granit View Post
    This gun is worth every penny....don't listen to a bunch of guys on the Internet saying "I can build the same gun for x amount of dollars etc....with all the time at the range...manufacturing....and employee costs...there probably isn't a huge profit left in the end.....and even if there was, I believe they've earned it...with a gun you'd be proud to own for a lifetime
    I never said that. But, I did say this: "It may be too late but I could refer you to a gunsmith who can do the same thing (if not better) and for less money." Looks like it's too late though...
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I chose to back out. The cost is a lot and I have custom rifles already that perform good enough for me. I just couldn't justify the cost of a few guided hunts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    While I would agree that 7k is alot of money for a shooting system, the gunwerks rifle is literally a shooting machine. Its guaranteed to shoot 1000 yards right out of the box and I have experienced it first hand! Now granted you can build a nice custom gun for less but by the time you go to the range and spend weeks or months working up load data and getting just the right load for your new gun you have spent a ton, at least I know for me time is money! Then add on a scope that is worthy of shooting at those types of distances and you may save a grand but as I said before time is money to an old working stiff like me. I am sure you made the right decision for youself but the Gunwerks LR1000 is quite a piece of art and shoots like a dream!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I so agree. If I had the extra scratch I would own it for sure.