Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also congrats on that once in a lifetime draw to either you or your son, whoever drew it!!! I have been trying for years and am still waiting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 1 Post
    I love camofire as well.. If you send them a message about a deal that you saw but missed, sometimes they have some left over that they will sell you at that discounted price still! I've gotten a few things that way! They are super nice about it and usually respond quickly!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    I'll be the "odd man out" here....I have a Super Day. I have no experience with the X1. But I've had two other Eberlestock packs and still have and use the BLue Widow. I have used my Super Day for a few years as a day pack. It is very convenient the way it's set up to carry a bow, spotter, and many other things. I like the way it's set up.

Last year I killed a deer and had to pack it out with the Super Day. It flat out sucked carrying a load of meat, antler and cape. My buddy had a Blue Widow and he was very comfortable. Shortly after that trip I bought the BLue Widow and have been happy with it since.

If you're just planning on hauling gear with the pack I think it will be fine. I still have mine and will use it in situations where I don't anticipate having to pack out meat. But if you're thinking you will have to pack out elk meat, I'd look at the Eberlestock.

My opinion....

Oh ya no way in hell would I try and pack anything out with it but maybe a shed. Not built for packing that's for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have the x1a1 and thought it was the ultimate day pack until I had a mulie buck down 2 miles from the truck. It still is the best day pack I have ever used but I have now switched over to mystery ranch and dont regret it a bit. Every thing was great except it (or me) in no way shape or form was ready for a 100 lb load.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by gman1 View Post
    Bob,

I looked up Camofire and what a great site. The deal on the superday had expired but maybe another one will come along. I will watch for it as one can save a lot of $! How can they sell it as such a discount?

gman
    I have seen them listed more than once so keep looking! I don't know how they get the deals they do but I have made a few good scores. When my son-in-law bought the Super Day he had never heard of camofire, he was looking for a pack to go antelope hunting this year and I called him and told him about it, I think my daughter is still pissed he has bought a ton of stuff in the last couple of months. Good luck ! If you can't find a deal on the Badlands, Santana OUtdoors has a decent price on the X1 and you get free shipping and a free accessory.

Bob

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Badlands all the way. I have 3 different packs by them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Badlands 2200 on sale at Camofire-NOW!
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    I'd go with the eberlestock myself, but maybe not the X1. I have an X1A1 and had a X1E also. They are nice daypacks but I like the layout and compressable scabbard better on the J34. It seems easier for me to keep optics, shooting sticks, tripod, and other items I may want in a hurry handy while keeping them secure. It is 1.5lbs heavier than the X1 but will pack meat if you need it to. I've packed 70lbs pretty comfortable in mine. If I need something more than my little Eberlestock Mini Me or Camelback Stryker I usually end up jumping all the way up to the J34. S&S Archery has really good video reviews of the Eberlestock packs on their website.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For a day pack I got a Sitka 30 little pricy but it is a fine day pack.