Thread: Idaho 2nd draw

Thanks

Idaho 2nd draw

Sorry if this busts anyone's attempt to get some coveted Idaho tag, but I just saw that the Idaho 2nd draw tags are now available.. I cross referenced the list with some info from the Eastmans ID info.. It looks like a bunch of the leftover tags are green and blue chip areas, some with very difficult draw odds.. Am I looking at that right? If so, what gives?

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/...s/?getPage=108

Thanks
    Some people forget to buy their tags on time, or otherwise decide not to go for whatever reason. Those hard to get areas in the first draw are usually harder to get in the second draw. But I always put in. It's worth a chance.
    http://www.idahoman.com/ - an online, outdoors focused magazine, highlighting hunting, fishing, the land, and the issues surrounding those opportunities in Idaho.

Thanks
    Interesting... Seems kind of a shame that the odds for some of those units are so long, yet there are unclaimed tags in the end.

Thanks
    Keep in mind that the 10% non-resident allotment still applies for the second draw, so unless there are at least 10 tags available for the hunt, a non-resident is simply handing over money to F&G in vain.

Thanks
    You need to go look at draw odds for the second drawings from previous years. Nonresident draw with less than ten tags all the time. And i was told by fg that there was no nonresident 10% cap in the second drawing. Both residents and nonresidents have the same odds in the second draw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ID_MW View Post
    Keep in mind that the 10% non-resident allotment still applies for the second draw, so unless there are at least 10 tags available for the hunt, a non-resident is simply handing over money to F&G in vain.
    In the first draw if there is less than 10 tags available then 1 tag is still available to a non resident......not set aside, but possible to draw. Shooter is right no 10% cap on 2nd draw. As far as the unclaimed tags, as good as some of them may be, they could have been drawn by someone who drew an even better tag in another state and had to pick and choose......at least they did'nt purchase the tag and not go on the hunt. Now the rest of us have a chance!
    Last edited by Pronghorn73; 08-08-2012 at 02:22 PM.