Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've considered taking along one of those packs that stop bleeding like the Israeli Battle Dressing or Quickclot, especially during rifle season. The IBD is $5 on Amazon. Read the reviews.

Aside from an incident with a knife or broadhead or deer hoove or even a sharp rock, you could end up within range of someone like Dick Cheney and not be near a vehicle.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Even if you don't draw blood, it can cause other issues! My brother cut his own bow string when he was trying to put his arrow back into his bow mounted quiver! Not serious but can sure ruin a hunt!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If it happened to me two things would occur when I healed up; #1--my brother would be in for a good a**kicking for being a stupid idiot; #2--I would differently end all hunting relationships with him, until he took and passed a bowhunting education course. Glad your ok.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Glad to hear your OK velvetfvr. One other tip about broadheads for you all, please use a broadhead wrench when working with your broadheads. I had a friend putting on broadheads the night before the hunt, he didn't use a wrench and ended up cutting his thumb really bad. He couldn't draw his bow for a few weeks, so be careful with them blades, they are meant to kill.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    Glad to hear your OK velvetfvr. One other tip about broadheads for you all, please use a broadhead wrench when working with your broadheads. I had a friend putting on broadheads the night before the hunt, he didn't use a wrench and ended up cutting his thumb really bad. He couldn't draw his bow for a few weeks, so be careful with them blades, they are meant to kill.
    True statement.. Everytime I'm putting on a broadhead, without a wrench, I'm thinking to myself "You are gonna be so pissed when you cut your finger off."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    I second this. I have a triangular scar on my left thumb where i sunk a muzzy blade down to the bone while getting ready for a hunt. ALWAYS USE A BROADHEAD WRENCH!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bowhunting safety 101. Dont walk with a nocked arrow behind someone. If your nocked up stalking be in the lead.
    Good luck and think safety 1st!
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Glad you're ok, could have definately been worse. They are sharp enough to pass through a bull elk, I always try to keep that in mind to keep myself from getting careless. Hate to have a hunt ruined b/c you get excited and careless, it happens though. Also if you do get cut, have something (triple antibiotic) to clean the wound. I was mtn. biking in Co a few years back, wrecked and scraped my knee real good. That didn't slow me down for that trip, but about 2-3 wks later I got a staph infection in that knee, and that put me down awhile.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Good news! Going to chase the goats again Friday and Saturday. Leave Thursday and hopefully I can putdown a speed joker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    Good news! Going to chase the goats again Friday and Saturday. Leave Thursday and hopefully I can putdown a speed joker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to hear velvetfvr. Sounds like your back in action, healed up and ready for action. Have a great, safe and successful hunt.