Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by husker hunter View Post
    HuntWODon, I should have clairified more. My grand parents died about 14 yrs ago, their neighbor bought the property, but he retired from farming and now leases it out. so last august i was in the area and asked to walk around and got ahold of the outfitter that leases it and he said no because it was too close to deer season and he didnt want me to spook any deer.

As for the antelope hunt, im still going but not with high hopes. I will take your advice and move on to another unit next yr. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good trip. Good luck to gofishin12, Im planning on going early so I can let you know how I do if you are waiting til the end of season. If I dont find any antelopes hopefully I can get a few rattlers to make the trip worth while
    Hey, leave those rattlers alone ! LOL !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rattler 2.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    yes I mean rattlesnakes, Im a snake nut! I really want to get a big one mounted, I practice catch and release on the little ones. my goal is to get one over 4' to mount
    Last edited by husker hunter; 08-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im a snake nut!
    I think HuntWYODon has you beat. Just a guess from his other posts on the subject.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    yep, I just looked at those post. Very impressive! did you catch your snake as a baby HuntWYODon? Im new to the sport, I have only caught a few small rattlers in western nebraska but im hooked now. I would just like to get a couple close encounters during my antelope hunt. I was thinking if the weather keeps on its track, snakes will be out later this fall. Hopefully unit 25 is crawling with snakes!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hah ! Another snake lover ! I've had that western (Hopi from Az. ) since a new born . Be 17 yrs. old next mon. I caught him while archery elk hunting near Flagstaff in 1995. Had a bull tag too...
    He is the calmest snake I own and loves to get out and be held. I think it thinks I'm it's daddy . Lol ! Never struck or even rattled at me. Weird . You will probably be hunting in Sept. or Oct. I presume. Prarie rattlers will still be out. When I hunt out of Cody every yr. in Nov. they are already in hibernation ;( . I just got me colapsable snake hook for 8 bucks that fits in my pack nicely. Weighes nothing. You ought to find you one . Careful with the Prarie's tho , they have a mean disposition like diamond backs and southern pacific's ! Be careful !
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 08-10-2012 at 11:12 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HuntWYODon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You guys give me the creeps....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    yep, I just looked at those post. Very impressive! did you catch your snake as a baby HuntWYODon? Im new to the sport, I have only caught a few small rattlers in western nebraska but im hooked now. I would just like to get a couple close encounters during my antelope hunt. I was thinking if the weather keeps on its track, snakes will be out later this fall. Hopefully unit 25 is crawling with snakes!
    You sound crazier than I ! What month is your hunt ? Oct. ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    yes i will be hunting in early oct. I just hope they dont want want in my tent at night lol.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    yes i will be hunting in early oct. I just hope they dont want want in my tent at night lol.
    I know what you mean. Keep it zipped ! I a lot of times here in Ca. just through my bag on a pad with no tent when I back pack hunt. Here in Oct. snakes aren't hibernating yet and I know the cold blooded suckers seek warmth. Kinda makes you keep one eye open along with the bears. The first night out like that I always have bad dreams anyway. The second night I'm so tired I don't care what happens. I had a dream once that a bear was pulling on the bottom of my sleeping bag. I woke myself up kicking my legs in the bag at the bear. I didn't want to go back to sleep. When I did, I started having the same dream again !. The next night I wouldn't of woke up if a real bear was pulling on my legs. I was at 9,900 ft. Fish Creek saddle. That was about 20 yrs. ago ! Not long after that I bought a little back pack tent. At least it keeps the rain off you instead of using a bivey sack.
    Don't forget you cloth snake bags !