Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,853
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 102 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    For those of you that have this system, Do you strip down to sleep in these bags or do you wear thermals?
    Weather depending, I spent 8 nights in my bag in Oregon last week, definitely stripped down and half unzipped

    Going in a few days for 3 nights in northern Nevada and will be wearing thermals.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,853
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 102 Times in 81 Posts
    By the way, you made a good decision on the bag. You will like it.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    blackfoot,idaho
    Posts
    742
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 63 Times in 55 Posts
    i dont like the air pads, to much can go wrong, alot of people love them though. basicaly just another layer between u and earth. thermarest makes arguably the best compact pads out there. i use to never use one until i did and im sold. even used pine needles once when i forgot my pad and froze my arse off, that worked great too.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    i dont recommend sleepin naked in elk camp, ur pardners mite not be able to make it for some random reason the following year

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 58 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    By the way, you made a good decision on the bag. You will like it.
    Thanks DR, looking forward to useing it!
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 58 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dying to kill View Post
    i dont recommend sleepin naked in elk camp, ur pardners mite not be able to make it for some random reason the following year
    What if they sleep naked too? Lol, I get what your sayin, no funny bissness in our camp, you can be sure of that.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 58 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    i dont like the air pads, to much can go wrong, alot of people love them though. basicaly just another layer between u and earth. thermarest makes arguably the best compact pads out there. i use to never use one until i did and im sold. even used pine needles once when i forgot my pad and froze my arse off, that worked great too.
    Do you use termarest with BA bag, Dose their pads fit in the bags sleeve?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,853
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 102 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    Do you use termarest with BA bag, Dose their pads fit in the bags sleeve?
    Yes depending on the size, 20x etc...

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elverta, Ca
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use a marmot 15 deg. bag worked well last year didn't have a pad but I will this year my bag weighs just over 2lbs

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1
    By Fink in forum Lightweight
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
  2. Thread Deleted? Really?
    By Elkoholic307 in forum Antelope
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 05:01 PM
  3. Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
    By CoHiCntry in forum Lightweight
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
  4. Big Agnes 3 wire bivy photos
    By MT backcountry hunter in forum Lightweight
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
  5. Ultralight tent: Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1?
    By elktracker in forum Lightweight
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •