Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Job Ideas?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Be careful, don't make your passion your career.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you would like a career in the outdoors you should look at Weed Science. There are a lot of jobs available in the field and are always looking for more. Look ar Wyoming for opportunities as there will be a ton coming up. The pay is good and you will have time off in the fall due to all the time accrued off during the summer. If you want to impact wildlife then look at noxious weeds as most people over look them as one of the most serious impacts to wildlife habitat (and livestock). Hunters and outdoorsman would be well served in knowing what is growing and what is not. It is definitely an advantage while hunting, trust me. It would also serve you well in other natural resource jobs as guys that have that education always get those duties. Get a minor in Range and you are golden. Wildlife majors are a dime a dozen. Look at the University of Wyoming for a top notch education in both. You will be amazed at the contacts you receive with private landowners as well. Brian Mealor is a dude at UW. Look him up seriously. You have to know what wildlife eat in order to find them and the warden route will take you years for a position. Take others advice in how long it will take to land a full time position.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I know I'm a first time poster but I'm a looong time lurker and have first hand knowledge about the career. Think cheatgrass or a myriad of other spp. that are killing the west. I'm really surprised that so many people don't realize what is actually happening. The west is down spiraling faster than most would believe and it makes me sad. We need help and I'm not kidding.