Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    I have dealt with this stuff on public land for 15 years...I always go somewhere else if someone is in the hole I wanted to go...or even close to it..I will just go somewhere else...Now...if there is one gate that leads to a large area..I always talked with the other guys..I'd tell em..gimme I general direction you are goin,and I will be out of your way..because I have all the areas scouted out anyways...If they werent going where I was..fine..if we were gonna be close I would make sure I idnt interrupt them..no walking past them..etc..unless they insisted...There is no sense in setting up on a man at a water hole..Thats just down right rude..If you beat me thats fine,but dont come in on me...

I would love to hear someone explain why it is ok to just waltz right in on a guy and set up right on top of him..To see what the excuse is..It's usually ignorance..totally

You dont own all rights to a spot just because you have hunted it before...if you beat someone to the hole..its yours,but if they are ahead of you..first come first serve..I see some places say..if you leave a stand or blind..it is first come first served...lol..Id love to video that encounter..lol

Dont be a jack just because you can,you never know what someone else has going on in their life,and you may wind up being the straw that breaks the camels back.....ETHICS...its what the new generation doesnt understand...and how to act civilized..
    You hit the nail on the head PLP ! I forgot what the second "P" stands for ? Public Land ??? Help me with my senior moment please...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    4 years ago i packed in 3 miles off the nearest trail, set up my bivy camp right above a herd of elk ive been watching. i put them to sleep and woke up at 5am to 5 guys walking through my camp. they set themselves 50 yards from my camp on the only ridge to glass down the basin below. i know they seen my camp, it snowed a few inches and it was way light out with the moon and fresh snow. i give them credit, for them to make it to that spot at 5am they got one heck of an early start, but come on! lucky for me they didnt know that area to well and as soon as first light hit they started marching down the canyon, i got around and ahead of them just in time for them to push the herd my way with a nice 6x worried bout them and not lead flying his way. they heard the shot and came over, i just thanked them with a rolling eye...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    4 years ago i packed in 3 miles off the nearest trail, set up my bivy camp right above a herd of elk ive been watching. i put them to sleep and woke up at 5am to 5 guys walking through my camp. they set themselves 50 yards from my camp on the only ridge to glass down the basin below. i know they seen my camp, it snowed a few inches and it was way light out with the moon and fresh snow. i give them credit, for them to make it to that spot at 5am they got one heck of an early start, but come on! lucky for me they didnt know that area to well and as soon as first light hit they started marching down the canyon, i got around and ahead of them just in time for them to push the herd my way with a nice 6x worried bout them and not lead flying his way. they heard the shot and came over, i just thanked them with a rolling eye...
    XLNT move Ivory ! I love hearing things turn out like that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hvfd21walker View Post
    I had a trail camera set up on an Elk wallow and a guy hangs a treestand right above it. My camera had been in there for 2 months and a week before season he hangs it and messes with my camera. First come first serve. It all comes down to respecting each other.
    I don't think getting your camera up first constitutes claim to public land spot. He definitely should not have messed with your camera what so ever or put his stand above it. If it was me and I came across your camera, I would have gone else where or up trail, but I would not just leave the area cause you had a camera up. If you are all ready there, physically, then yes I would respect your claim and move to plan B, C, or D. In the case of the original message, that is definitely first come, first serve. I like to think hunters (like those throughout this forum) will respect others because of the work we all put in months and months before opening day. Its the nut jobs that buy a rifle, buy a tag, and go out opening day expecting to shoot world records that are disrespectful and move in on others.