Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25th aniv mag

Hybrid View

Thanks

25th aniv mag

i love this mag but my goodness i had to rip the cover off cuz it bugged the crap out of my fingers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    i love this mag but my goodness i had to rip the cover off cuz it bugged the crap out of my fingers
    Not to mention half of it was advertisements....Thought I had a mag full of stories. Opened it up and woo hoo !
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 08-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Not to mention half of it was advertisements....Thought I had a mag full of stories. Opened it up and who hoo !
    I agree, you get a thick magazine thinking there is going to be a lot of info in there, and come to find out it is all advertisements.
    Shoot STR8

Eastmans' Staff / Forum Administrator
    Thanks
    Guys,
    Thanks for the comments, and as for the cover, well, it's not going to be everyone's pie, however, we like it and from what we've heard, the general readership loved it. Oh, and a lot of that thickness was derived from the Kenetrek catalog placed in the middle of the issue, however, it still was a big issue as far as page count goes.

Side note, Did any of you guys bother to count how many stories were in that mag? It's all a percentage, that's how magazine businesses work. That issue had 13 stories, 2-3 more than the average issue of EHJ. The more advertisements you have, the more stories we have to run.

If you're an EBJ guy, get ready for this next magazine because it has 16 stories in it, the most ever in an EBJ.

Thanks for the dedicated readership guys.
    Adam Bender

Thanks
    I subscribe to a lot of different magazines and Eastmans' is really no different than most of the others at least in ad content. At least its not full of ads that are not related to the content and purpose of the mag.It is one of the best and they could not publish it with subscription $$$$ only.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Guys,
    Thanks for the comments, and as for the cover, well, it's not going to be everyone's pie, however, we like it and from what we've heard, the general readership loved it. Oh, and a lot of that thickness was derived from the Kenetrek catalog placed in the middle of the issue, however, it still was a big issue as far as page count goes.

Side note, Did any of you guys bother to count how many stories were in that mag? It's all a percentage, that's how magazine businesses work. That issue had 13 stories, 2-3 more than the average issue of EHJ. The more advertisements you have, the more stories we have to run.

If you're an EBJ guy, get ready for this next magazine because it has 16 stories in it, the most ever in an EBJ.

I love the cover! Something different for sure and that's what makes you stand out from other magazines. I did notice there were more stories in this issue, as far as advisement goes, I don't mind them, it educates a guy on whats new on the market.

Thanks
    Nothing wrong with making a living. I liked the cover, it was different. My wife even noticed it and mentioned something, it stood out. Thanks for coming on and explaining (even though you didn't need to).

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Guys,

Thanks
    I actually like the cover, I leave it out on the coffee table.

Bob

Thanks
    I don't mind the advertisements..... But my bank account does...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post
    I don't mind the advertisements..... But my bank account does...
    +1... I guess that means the advertisements are working? I'd have to say, while the cover was different, and neat, I felt like I was about to grate my fingernails down a chalkboard.