Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First aid kit's

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Sawfish;34150][QUOTE=HuntWYODon;34134] Add some crazy glue and good surgical tape, like the kind the use in ER rooms or ED personel use.

WTH is "ED personal use"?
    I'm scared to know!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post
    I stabbed myself in the elbow the other day when trying to open a package... I'm used to cutting myself

I do carry waterproof matches! Only because I got lost once in a bad rain and then snow storm and couldn't build a fire and was extremely cold...

Guess maybe I just need to go hunting with you so you can play doctor to me!
    Play doctor....I better behave... I am certified in CPR though...

You might one day instead of scissor's or razor cut yourself with a broadhead to the bone or trip and stab yourself with a broadhead or like birdhunter said, cut you femoral artery. Then your phone would come in handy. I also cut myself often. I guess it's what you do when you get older or at least me. I've just learned over my many years from accidents and mistakes. If you don't, well... A little tip about fire starting in snow or wet weather. Your matches will do you no good trying to start wet tinder,etc. . You need a fire "starter". There are tablets that burn when wet that you can lay on leaves, grass, etc. to get it started to build on. Or you can use a magnesium fire started than you can shave off pieces and use the attached flint with tool or knife to spark and ignite. Burns something like 1500 degrees. I've used both and the work. Even cotton balls with vaseline in a film canister.I'm not trying to be a survival instructer to anybody but most know being prepared is half the battle. Kind of like taking extra food or water with you. You never know when you are going to be stuck out longer than you intended. So be careful out there. You probably couldn't afford my doctor bill !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    [QUOTE=jenbickel;34151][QUOTE=Sawfish;34150]
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Add some crazy glue and good surgical tape, like the kind the use in ER rooms or ED personel use.

I'm scared to know!
    Emergency Dept. EMT's are Emergency Medical Technitions. Most places don't call them ER anymore. Call them ED...I still refer to them as ER.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    [QUOTE=Sawfish;34150][QUOTE=HuntWYODon;34134] Add some crazy glue and good surgical tape, like the kind the use in ER rooms or ED personel use.

ED is Emergency Department.
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawfish View Post
    Note to Don and Jen-Maybe you should try some of those stainless steel fish cleaning gloves! (LOL)

Anyhow, I carry a roll of stainless steel surgical wire, wind proof lighter, extra bootlaces, nail clipper, and strobe light, in addition to a supply of non-latex gloves (which I also wear while dressing game). Another good item when carrying a bigger pack is a Sam Splint for a broken or badly sprained wrist. Be sure to include a few knuckle bandages and fingertip bandages. I have recently added a small pack of anti-coagulant. I keep a first aid kit in each vehicle, and in each pack. A small bottle of Purel etc. is useful to clean and disinfect wounds, as well as sanitizing your hands.
    Hey Saw ! Glad you joined in ! Nail clippers. Good idea but I carry scissors I guess I could use. Little fold up ones and surgical. I take a bottle or corterizing gel with me but not any in my kit. Great idea. What kind and size is the one you carry in your kit ? I have every kind of bandage known to man in mine also along with gauze. Don't forget the surg tape and crazy glue ! Not the kind in a tube either, in a bottle. The tubes dry out or get punctured. I too carry lighters. Good refillable wind proof butane lighters but what pisses me off is at 8000 ft and above, they don't work ! Wish I could fill one with white gas or something ! Thanks for some ideas Saw !
    When you leaving on your trip again ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    [QUOTE=MSUcat61;34156][QUOTE=Sawfish;34150]
    Add some crazy glue and good surgical tape, like the kind the use in ER rooms or ED personel use.

ED is Emergency Department.
    Hah ! beat you by a nose !
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 08-21-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations

LOL ! I guess you already read by now what it means. You are old school like me and I still refer to a ER when at work.
    The tape they use is awesome. It sticks great even when a little wet and comes of easy. Best part, it tears easy when tearing off. It's almost clear looking.
    I pick up rolls of it all the time while walking around at work ...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    [QUOTE=HuntWYODon;34159][QUOTE=Sawfish;34150]
    LOL ! I guess you already read by now what it means. You are old school like me and I still refer to a ER when at work.
    The tape they use is awesome. It sticks great even when a little wet and comes of easy. Best part, it tears easy when tearing off. It's almost clear looking. I pick up rolls of it all the time while walking around at work ...
    That is good to know. With all those damned ED commercials on TV, I was not surprised they had an ED Emergency Room!

Hey, when you are picking up things, have you seen any needle proof surgical gloves? Supposed to be the hot ticket for dealing with Lionfish. My daughter said they do not have any at her hospital because they are too much $$$$$.

We are leaving Saturday night, but it looks like we will be meeting up with Hurricane Isaac when we get there.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    h[QUOTE=Sawfish;34315][QUOTE=HuntWYODon;34159]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawfish View Post

That is good to know. With all those damned ED commercials on TV, I was not surprised they had an ED Emergency Room!

Hey, when you are picking up things, have you seen any needle proof surgical gloves? Supposed to be the hot ticket for dealing with Lionfish. My daughter said they do not have any at her hospital because they are too much $$$$$.
    We are leaving Saturday night, but it looks like we will be meeting up with Hurricane Isaac when we get there.
    Hey saw. I haven't heard of them before. They made out of kevlar ? LOL! I heard about the hurricane tonight on news. That blows . Literally. Never thought of erectile disfunction (ED). Mine's still functional than God ! You made me think of another meaning for ER also...

Lawson Missouri ( 35nm North of Kansas City)
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I carry and have a small kit, but after reading your post and looking at your inventory, I will modify mine...