Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

CA Deputy Nearly Attacked By Mtn Lion

CA definatly needs to do something about this. We have had 6 sightings in fresno alone this year. Plus had 2 cats at Reedly College about 2 years ago. My buddy was hunting D7 for the opener up in the wishon area and made a stalk on a buck and a couple spikes they winded him and busted he happend to turn around and he had the exact thing happen to him. Of course I was giving him hell for just standing there but he said he just froze as the cat was just feet away. The cat ended up taking off and I am not sure if the cat was comming after him or they were both stalking the same group of deer but either way. More and more cats are being seen and CA is running into the same problem with cats as Yellow Stone is with the Grizzleys. Atleast Wyoming is trying to do something about it tho. I am half tempted to move out of this miserable tree hugging flower picking state. Sorry had to vent a little

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/n...9bb2963f4.html

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    CA definatly needs to do something about this. We have had 6 sightings in fresno alone this year. Plus had 2 cats at Reedly College about 2 years ago. My buddy was hunting D7 for the opener up in the wishon area and made a stalk on a buck and a couple spikes they winded him and busted he happend to turn around and he had the exact thing happen to him. Of course I was giving him hell for just standing there but he said he just froze as the cat was just feet away. The cat ended up taking off and I am not sure if the cat was comming after him or they were both stalking the same group of deer but either way. More and more cats are being seen and CA is running into the same problem with cats as Yellow Stone is with the Grizzleys. Atleast Wyoming is trying to do something about it tho. I am half tempted to move out of this miserable tree hugging flower picking state. Sorry had to vent a little

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/n...9bb2963f4.html
    The sacred Kalifornia animal. What a joke. They have no fear of people bred into them anymore. The knock down the deer herds enough and get hungry and come into town looking for whatever they can catch. Sometimes it's human's in the field. Not the lion's fault, it's the stupid leaf licker's in Ca. and our elected officials. They tried to overturn the ban a few years ago and almost did. They snuck the moritorium on mtn. lions in on a different proposition that passed. I'll bet half the people in the state diddn't even know it was in there. Good ole pork. If the housing market ever goes up again I'm gone. I already have my 40 acres paid off and waiting for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    SSS the only way to manage the situation.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    SSS the only way to manage the situation.
    3S tags are free also. Was told that by two game wardens in 2002..
    I watched Wild Justice on tv last night. A property owner shot a juvenile mtn lion and cut off its tracking collar. Buried the lion and chucked the collar in the bushes near his home...real smart guy...They used GPS to get within 8 ft. of the collar. Dog found it. The guy denied it until he wardens assured him he wouldn't be arressted. Then he caved. Showed the wardens whey he exercised his 3S tag. He showed them the goats the lion had killed. Warden's said he had a right to kill lion but should of got a permit...BS. Their would of brought out a tax payer paid government hunter/tracker and captured it or killed it, on our dime. The guy who shot it shouldn't of dicarded the collar. They didn't even say if he was going to be fined. Dum da dum dum ...
    If you already watched, consider this just a recap like they do...LOL !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I seen that yesterday too. I have the show on DVR every monday night.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations

The guys at work here were watching this at lunch. Cats and Griz even have their bouts .

Seriously, California I'd imagine is number one with Mountain Lion population in the USA. They need to start a managment program rather than putting them down when they attack livestock or are posing a threat to humans or after attacking folks. I'm not against Mountain Lions, they are a cool animals but wildlife managment needs to involve managing the predators too.

My son saw one stalking a herd of deer a few weeks back. Sightings are becoming far more common place here these days in my neck of the woods.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    I seen that yesterday too. I have the show on DVR every monday night.
    Same here my friend. I bet that guy got in some kind of trouble though. I would of took that collar, slowly a long was away. Or smashed it ! Hey Muleys, are you techno enough to post the pics I sent to your email of Mike's Loper buck ? It was awesome. I had him give me the measurements over the phone. I got 86 in min. State record is 89. tied for second two 87 4/8 and 3rd 86 something. Have you seen it in your email yet ? I sent it from my work email so maybe you didn't recognize it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Same here my friend. I bet that guy got in some kind of trouble though. I would of took that collar, slowly a long was away. Or smashed it ! Hey Muleys, are you techno enough to post the pics I sent to your email of Mike's Loper buck ? It was awesome. I had him give me the measurements over the phone. I got 86 in min. State record is 89. tied for second two 87 4/8 and 3rd 86 something. Have you seen it in your email yet ? I sent it from my work email so maybe you didn't recognize it.
    Havn't got any emails from you, I'll send you a PM
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post

The guys at work here were watching this at lunch. Cats and Griz even have their bouts .

Seriously, California I'd imagine is number one with Mountain Lion population in the USA. They need to start a managment program rather than putting them down when they attack livestock or are posing a threat to humans or after attacking folks. I'm not against Mountain Lions, they are a cool animals but wildlife managment needs to involve managing the predators too.

My son saw one stalking a herd of deer a few weeks back. Sightings are becoming far more common place here these days in my neck of the woods.
    Was that a Disney Griz ? That Griz I would think would end that cat's life with one swat. I think both cat and Griz were owned by trainer's. Kevin, like you, I aree'd in my first post that I have nothing against lions, it's the people who want to protect them . I'm sure Dept. of F&G would love to manage them. I know for a fact they aren't pro lion. It's BS that they use our tax dollars to pay Gov. hunter's to kill the trouble makers when all it would take is to hunt them again so they fear humans. Just like Grizzleys and Wolves. Management. Key word

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ha , you said "disney griz" thats funny. I was kinda wondering that too. The griz looks way to docile and when it let out a roar, it was a whole different frame. Gotta love (you tube)
    -NRA Life Member