Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    I looked around for something better than Gatorade. I found this, and ordered a tub of it.

http://www.wildernessathlete.com/nut...formation.aspx

Thanks
    I like wilderness athlete, started using it last year. I find my self using it with my daily activities. Best of all no sugar.

Thanks
    A great substitute for gatorade is called Zipp Fizz. It is sold at Costco, and is an electrolyte replacement mix. Comes in small tubes of powder, you add to water. Seems like an "adult' version of gatorade, without all the sugar.
    Got to have my pop tarts for early morning snacks, and Sunbelt granola bars for mid day. Cliff bars work well when really hungry, but not my preference for taste. Still, lots of calories and energy in a small package. Variety is important when out hunting, so don't get too locked in to the same thing every day.
    llp

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineboy View Post
    I like wilderness athlete, started using it last year. I find my self using it with my daily activities. Best of all no sugar.
    It has 15% simple sugar from fructose. Sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from. Being a diabetic it's a no-no for me.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trkytrack2 View Post
    It has 15% simple sugar from fructose. Sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from. Being a diabetic it's a no-no for me.
    Of course all sugars are for you, but fructose comes from fruit, and I seem to react to it better. It doesn't make me sleepy like simple sugar.

Arizona's Mogollon Rim and White Mountains
    Thanks
    I load up on jerky, and my wife makes apple fruit leather, kind of fruit jerky. I also carry powdered gatorade or protein drink to mix in a canteen cup. A granola bar or three and some dark chocolate Snickers or Milky Ways are usually found in my pack, too. A couple of hot apple cider bags and perhaps an MRE or two for unexpected overnights complete the package.
    “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities;…” -George W. “Nessmuk” Sears-

Thanks
    Bought a case of 48 Snickers bars from Sam's Club - did not survive! Also like the Honey Stingers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    The BEST jerky in Ca. . Smokehouse Meats in Bishop Ca. All Mohogany smoked. My fave, sweet and spicey turkey jerky. Like dam candy. I gave that rancher about 1/2 pd. of it. He was in heaven. Expensive though. Habenero Turkey is good too, for a couple min.
    I bought a new beef one , can't remember the name at the moment (Jack) but it was good and wished I'd bought more. Came back the 5 fwy and not 395 so couldn't grab anymore If you pack jerkey while you hunt, I pack extra liquids. Makes me thirsty.
    Hey HWD,

I had to look back to find this thread again, I called and ordered from this place...your'e right, it's great! Thanks for the tip!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trkytrack2 View Post
    Sorry trKytrack2, your right the hydrate & recover has 5mg per serving and the energy & focus has 0g sugar per serving.

Thanks
    I just threw all the leftover halloween treats that the neighborhood kids didn't take into my bag. They will not survive the next 10 days of deer hunting.