Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Your best hunting snacks!

Wanting to try something different than snickers, homemade cookies and Swiss cake rolls this year. I want to know what you bring in th field other than power/clif/granola bars. Whether its healthy or not, unique or general!

Thanks
    I prefer to eat natural and healthy but in the field it's usually whatever...

candy bars of all sorts... granola bars...

I think I tried "oh yeah" bars, high in protein, high in calories, like over 300cal/bar, but taste good unlike most protein bars...

apples, bananas...

oat meal, hot dogs in camp...

Thanks
    I make a pretty mean mix of raw almonds, Craisins, raisins, and chocolate chips that I like to take. Or a lot of times an apple. But one of my favorite things to take along is the Fruit & Nut chocolate bar by Cadbury (like the eggs). They taste great, but mostly because they always remind me of elk hunting with my old man, since he and I would always split one at about ten in morning every time we went out.
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

Thanks
    Cliff energy bars, and good ol beef or venison jerky are my favs
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUcat61 View Post
    I make a pretty mean mix of raw almonds, Craisins, raisins, and chocolate chips that I like to take. Or a lot of times an apple. But one of my favorite things to take along is the Fruit & Nut chocolate bar by Cadbury (like the eggs). They taste great, but mostly because they always remind me of elk hunting with my old man, since he and I would always split one at about ten in morning every time we went out.
    Dam that sounds good ! I bought two different energy bars before my antelope hunt. Never used them before. Not a good idea when it's 97 degrees unless you like gooey melted chocolate. One was Carb Concious/ carmel nut chocolate. Tasted great but melted bad. Maybe good for Fall/Winter time. The othe was Met-RX. They hardly melted at all. Chocolate roasted almond. Yum. They definitley filled me up for what they were. I'm a big appitite guy. They have both at Waly Mart.

Banned
    Thanks
    I know you don't want to hear it, but protein bars and trail mix. I make sure the protein bars have no sugar.

Sugar puts me to sleep. It's the last thing i'd eat hunting.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUcat61 View Post
    The BEST jerky in Ca. . Smokehouse Meats in Bishop Ca. All Mohogany smoked. My fave, sweet and spicey turkey jerky. Like dam candy. I gave that rancher about 1/2 pd. of it. He was in heaven. Expensive though. Habenero Turkey is good too, for a couple min.
    I bought a new beef one , can't remember the name at the moment (Jack) but it was good and wished I'd bought more. Came back the 5 fwy and not 395 so couldn't grab anymore If you pack jerkey while you hunt, I pack extra liquids. Makes me thirsty.

Thanks
    Jerky will definitely keep you hydrated, I like the energy from the protein. I always stop at the beef jerky shops, they always have the best.
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    Jerky will definitely keep you hydrated, I like the energy from the protein. I always stop at the beef jerky shops, they always have the best.
    You mean dehydrated ? I know What you mean. Hope some day you are in Bishop and can check that place out !
    Alright , heading to the movies now ! Later my Dynamic Duo friend !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    You mean dehydrated ? I know What you mean. Hope some day you are in Bishop and can check that place out !
    Alright , heading to the movies now ! Later my Dynamic Duo friend !
    I ment hydrated, because you'll have to drink alot of water. Dose that make sense?
    Last edited by Muleys 24/7; 08-21-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    -NRA Life Member