Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Natures Valley crunchy oat and honey granola bars and lots of water. I can live on those things for a week if I had to. I do love bacon. heck I raise my own hogs. But the salt makes me extreamly thirsty. Could be that I never add salt to a meal,just don't like salt shaken on anything. OK if it's used in the preperation,but not from a shaker. I think therefore I'm a little sensitive to the stuff. I'd damn near kill for a piece of crispy bacon though. Sucks that it dries me out.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Salt give me high blood pressure. I never eat the stuff. Which is why I don't eat jerky.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a staple for me when hunting. If I can take a thermos of coffee , I will take that too. PB & J is great with coffee. The trick to keeping the sandwich from getting too soggy is to put peanut butter on both slices of bread, then the jelly or jam doesn't soak into bread quite as bad. I also like the toasted almond granola bars from Natures Valley. Water is must, and sometimes I'll take a couple packets of flavor packets for a bottle of water. All depends on hunt situation thought, but PB&J is always with me. We always have plenty of home made jam on hand, tastes better when you've made it!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    This is a old thread but thought it would be good to resurrect it.

Anything new out there to add to this list?
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Love fiber plus bars and nature valley almond granola bars. Nutri grain strawberry granola bars are good also. Love having sun flower seeds also.

But when your out in the middle of the state, any kind of food tastes good!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

6. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetfvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I try and mix it up from day to day. Here some ideas that I have taken Pistachio nuts, apples, pepperoni , some trail mix, usually something with a little sugar for an energy boost like tootsie pop sucker, use to take smoked oyster in the can but not so much any more, sometimes a bagel I never take soda I always prefer water.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My wife and i stick mostly to the Primal Diet. It's easiest to define this diet by what you don't eat, but I prefer to define something with its' positives.

We eat a lot of meat and vegetables, some fruit and nuts, and limit dairy (although I can tear up some 2-3 year aged Gouda). I don't eat sugar, grain - including bread, pasta, and basically ALL processed foods.

The point of this diet is to maintain steady blood sugar and insulin levels throughout the day, resulting in steady energy levels, better focus, no brain fog after lunch, etc.

I try to stick to it while hunting and backpacking as well. I eat a lot of jerky (my own recipe - you can limit salt and preservatives) almonds, pecans, walnuts, dried fruit, dehydrated sweet potatoes, etc. I like Lara bars and Kind bars as well, and for really hard physical exertion I pack GU gels to supplement.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RockChucker30 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere back in this thread but you can't beat a peanut butter and bacon sandwich when up on the mountain. Definitely my go to.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I got hooked on the honeystinger waffles and bars last year!! Its like a addiction!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RockChucker30 View Post
    My wife and i stick mostly to the Primal Diet. It's easiest to define this diet by what you don't eat, but I prefer to define something with its' positives.

We eat a lot of meat and vegetables, some fruit and nuts, and limit dairy (although I can tear up some 2-3 year aged Gouda). I don't eat sugar, grain - including bread, pasta, and basically ALL processed foods.

The point of this diet is to maintain steady blood sugar and insulin levels throughout the day, resulting in steady energy levels, better focus, no brain fog after lunch, etc.

I try to stick to it while hunting and backpacking as well. I eat a lot of jerky (my own recipe - you can limit salt and preservatives) almonds, pecans, walnuts, dried fruit, dehydrated sweet potatoes, etc. I like Lara bars and Kind bars as well, and for really hard physical exertion I pack GU gels to supplement.
    Like me some smoked Gouda!
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.