Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 247Buckfever View Post
    Correct, the sign said "yellowstone," sorry for the confusion. I believe the Pearce family runs it.
    Yea, its a long story, We BS'd with the owners for a few hours, and they told us the whole story. To sum it up, the Pierce Family sold the business and carried the loan for the new owners. The new owners could not keep up with the payments, so they took the business back, but could not keep the "Pierce" name due to some legality, and changed it to Yellowstone. They are a nice family and do a great job, just would not give me a cut in price, when I asked if they could just hang my meat and freeze the quarters for the trip home. The butchers in Colorado are willing to deal with me more. Guess I could have looked around too, but Yellowstone was on our way back to the hotel from our hunting area, so it just made it more easy to go there. Californians are loaded with money anyway, so it was no big deal, just made my wallet fit easier in my pants....lol.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    Yea, its a long story, We BS'd with the owners for a few hours, and they told us the whole story. To sum it up, the Pierce Family sold the business and carried the loan for the new owners. The new owners could not keep up with the payments, so they took the business back, but could not keep the "Pierce" name due to some legality, and changed it to Yellowstone. They are a nice family and do a great job, just would not give me a cut in price, when I asked if they could just hang my meat and freeze the quarters for the trip home. The butchers in Colorado are willing to deal with me more. Guess I could have looked around too, but Yellowstone was on our way back to the hotel from our hunting area, so it just made it more easy to go there. Californians are loaded with money anyway, so it was no big deal, just made my wallet fit easier in my pants....lol.
    Man that sucks for both parties. The previous owner worked for the new/original owner for a while he said. We did a hang only and it was like pulling teeth! They ended up doing it but didn't want to. I'm sure glad I cut up my own meat after seeing the prices those guys get, I'm sure your ride wasn't as lopsided on the way home (thin wallet) you darn Californians.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    you darn Californians.
    Easy Dr.. That hurt my po wittle heart! Lol. Not really.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    HUNTERS BEWARE! Pat's Meat Processing in Casper, WY is horrible! Unfortunately they were recommended by a guide. If you are an out of state hunter do NOT go here to get your meat processed! My dad killed a 220+ pound deer and went here to have it butchered. He took them over 100 lbs of field dressed meat, they gave him 10 lbs back. ONLY 10 POUNDS!!!! He immediately asked them where the rest of the meat was and they claimed they "couldn't find it." THEY STOLE HIS MEAT! They took the best meat (shoulder straps, back straps, hind meat, ect.) and gave him only a few steaks and some ground venison back.

DO NOT go here! They are a rip-off! We are in the process of contacting WY Game & Fish Department and BBB.

My dad had to make the return trip back home so he wasn't able to do anything more in person. Please pass this on so nobody else makes the same mistake as him.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Dam! only 10 pounds of meat. I dont see how they could even nerve the nerve to do that and expect to be paid for it. I have only had game processed a couple times and they did a good job but I have herd plenty of stories where it turned out badly.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Why would they take the meat from one deer? If they took 5# from each deer it wouldn't be missed and they would have more deer meat than they could use

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Dam! only 10 pounds of meat. I dont see how they could even nerve the nerve to do that and expect to be paid for it. I have only had game processed a couple times and they did a good job but I have herd plenty of stories where it turned out badly.
    Musket, I know a guy who took in an antelope to Pat's meat processing too, He got LESS than 10 lbs. back. They told him the entire antelope was "Bloodshot"....BullCookies! He shot it once through the ribs with a .243, I saw the goat before he took it in. If they lost the meat, or gave it to some other hunter...who knows. Kind of a shady operation I'd say, after reading some of these stories.
    He paid for the processing first, they then brought out his 4 packages of meat. To say he was pissed is an understatement.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Shady sounds like an understatement to me. Makes ya wonder how they stay in business. I cant see them ever having a repeat customer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Shady sounds like an understatement to me. Makes ya wonder how they stay in business. I cant see them ever having a repeat customer.
    Mostly Non-residents who don't draw tags yearly I suppose. I don't know, I do my own butchering like Cowboy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    10 pounds?

I would have told them to pound sand and not paid for the processing.......

I used Valley Meats in Dayton WY for my Elk this year and they where incredible. A member here on Eastman s recommended them and I was very impressed with everything there. Would go back there in a heartbeat.....