Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought I was on the D14 thread... Drunk or a senior moment I suppose. That's the one I was talking about. Didn't mean to highjack Sawfish's thread. He's scuba divin in Jamaica right now anyway

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Sausage fest . LMAO ! What kind ? Hope you do. They'd get a kick I'm sure ! Rematch. 10pm. Ding ding !
    Can we reschedule the rematch for friday at 10pm Pacific time? 10 is past my bedtime during the week! ...........Crap, oh wait, I'll be leavein for my archery hunt tomarrow afternoon! It's ok, I'll just check back on monday
    Last edited by Muleys 24/7; 08-30-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    Can we reschedule the rematch for friday at 10pm Pacific time? 10 is past my bedtime during the week! ...........Crap, oh wait, I'll be leavein for my archery hunt tomarrow noon! It's ok, I just check back on monday
    Ah dam ! I needed back up too ! You better not turn on me brother ! LOL !
    I'm waiting on her post to D14 thead. The three of us on there need some spice.... Good luck on your hunt. Where you going ? D14 or Ut. ?

Thanks
    Congratulations

Unhappy

Okay-back from Jamaica and the Lionfish Safari. Not as many of the pesky little critters as last time. The locals have been doing a good job keeping them thinned out since they found out Lionfish taste like grouper! We avoided the worst of Hurricane Isaac, and were able to get in some serious diving after Monday (8/27). Water was very murky and pretty rough until then. Had a very attractive young lady from Chicago diving with us named "Jen". We were all sorry when she left.

Desk piled at the office (no surprise), but I will be getting up to X-10 for some pre-season scouting before the opener. Have to dig out the pistols and do a little range checking. Don, if you are over your "Senior Moment", do you know when you are going up to X-12?
    Last edited by Sawfish; 09-05-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey Saw !
    Hope you had fun ! Hope you didn't poke Jen with your spear... What Senior moment are you referring to ? I don't remember anything ... Leaving the 13th. Camping at Buckeye. Hunting Buckeye and Bodie Hills. Hooked up with a great guy on here called Sierra Intruder. He lives in Bishop. He aslo has an X12 tag and has been doing a lot of scouting. The friend I met named Mike who shot the big Lope in the Big Valley unit where I was has an X9B tag. He and a friend are taking their horses in at Sawmill Canyon. We might meet down in Bishop one night for beer and steak. You won't be far away. I have your cell # . Think you have mine. If it happens, I can call you to see what's up and if you can make it. My son and friend have Verizon if AT&T doesn't work. I'll PM you their numbers in case mine doesn't. Welcome back !
    I think NoMoOldNo7 will be hunting in X9A. We talked about some places we knew.
    Maybe he will post in.
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 09-06-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    X-10A does not open until the last Saturday in September, but I will check with you when I get up there to scout around. Was able to spear four Lionfish. No pics. of them on the spear. Maybe I can post a picture of one of the survivors.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I thought X10 (X10A?) was the same as X9A,X9B and X12 that open on 9/15 ???
    I see it opens on the 29th. Now your scouting makes sense to me...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My scouting never makes sense to me because it is always subject to cancellation or fragmentation due to work.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Saw,
    Too bad you didn't get to pre scout but I never get to either unless it's local and even then they are always in the same areas. Costly these days to go long distance's to scout. It's not a lot of fun to go by yourself sometimes. Too bad you have to. Wish I could go with you. You could probably use another mule...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well, some people never learn. After the fiasco hunt in X-10 last year, and doing my damnedest to keep away from the mountain bikers, I swore that I would never hunt there again. Well, buyers are liars, as they say. Put in for G38, which is late season X-10 as a second choice. Figured that a mediocre area that I know something about beats a good area that I know nothing about. We will see. I may have a better chance with the season being a month later this time around. After thinking about this through the winter, I just have a hard time believing there are no (mentally deficient) bucks in this area.