Hybrid View

Thanks

Archery elk weiser river or Brownlee

What's the verdict on these units? I've found some of the most amazing elk country, but more wolf tracks than elk...

Thanks
    Brownlee, hands down. The downside to Brownlee is that cow populations have been down in recent years, and obviously that will have an affect on the bull pops sooner or later. Weiser River has a similar problem in that too many bulls have been harvested out of there, so the past bull populations are not sustainable with the current management plans, in my opinion. If you know someone with some private property in the Weiser River Zone that holds elk, then you might be in good luck. But if you're doing public land, Brownlee is the place to hit. Good luck.
    http://www.idahoman.com/ - an online, outdoors focused magazine, highlighting hunting, fishing, the land, and the issues surrounding those opportunities in Idaho.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoHombre View Post
    Brownlee, hands down. The downside to Brownlee is that cow populations have been down in recent years, and obviously that will have an affect on the bull pops sooner or later. Weiser River has a similar problem in that too many bulls have been harvested out of there, so the past bull populations are not sustainable with the current management plans, in my opinion. If you know someone with some private property in the Weiser River Zone that holds elk, then you might be in good luck. But if you're doing public land, Brownlee is the place to hit. Good luck.
    Thanks Hombre, public land is all I know. I'll check in to the private for sure.