Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cool video that most of us can relate too
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kevin, thank you for posting this video. I'm watching it again today (the fourt or fifth time) and I have a couple of bands that I'd never heard of before that I like listening to.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As you get older there are quite a few things that change in your life. There are times we all step back a bit to regroup and think about those things that you feel you have missed. It can be a child,a wife, a aging parent, the lose of a long time hunting partner but we always return to the things that keep us grounded and humbled. For me and almost everyone here it is that voice or memory of being somewhere we feel no one has ever been and relying on yourself. Its not always about getting that Elk or getting that shot. It could be the times you draw on that bull and decide to let him walk not filling that tag. Times like that to me are just as rewarding. What a good video.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Being a husband, father to 2 kids, a teacher and a football coach pulls me in a lot of different directions. My wife appreciates that I put my family before the others and my passion for hunting and understands my need for open spaces and peace and quiet. It's not easy and that is one of the reasons I enjoy the time I do get afield even more then when I was young and single. My greatest memories now are fishing and camping trips with my kids and seeing things new again through their eyes. My 9 year old daughter has been on several hunts with me and my 5 year old son went on his first duck hunt with me last fall. He was so excited he was shaking when the dog brought the first duck back to us. I will be experiencing Wyoming as a resident for the first time this fall hunting season, even though my commitments won't let me do it as I would like, it is still exciting and being able to find places with my family adds a whole different since of purpose to the process.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree, this is one of the best videos I have seen in a really long time. The story, the videography, the editing... everything. My wife and I are actually expecting our first child the first part of July, so I can definitely see exactly where this guy is coming from. It really gets me excited about hunting and being a dad all at the same time. Great job for sure.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That was rad. Looks the Sitka crew watched Art of Flight. Very cool.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you get a chance, the full draw film tour has several entries this year that I think you would enjoy. Searching for West would fit right in with that film tour. There is a mountain goat film that is fantastic.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by DryFlyGuy View Post
    If you get a chance, the full draw film tour has several entries this year that I think you would enjoy. Searching for West would fit right in with that film tour. There is a mountain goat film that is fantastic.
    I did see a mountain goat trailer titled Into High Country in their Vimeo page that looked pretty nice and a similar feel to it. That is a cool tour has it has some very nice film makers. I also saw Field Editor of Eastmans' Bowhunting Journal, South Cox has an entry, Perseverance. Looks like he put the video footage of when he was hunting mule deer with his wife into a film that I saw a while back.

There is so much that goes along with hunting and this journey called life that we are all on Earth doing together. I find it awesome when folks can put the essence of it all into words and film showing the emotion of it. It's powerful when it all gets dialed in and we can feel that connection.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post
    I did see a mountain goat trailer titled Into High Country in their Vimeo page that looked pretty nice and a similar feel to it. That is a cool tour has it has some very nice film makers. I also saw Field Editor of Eastmans' Bowhunting Journal, South Cox has an entry, Perseverance. Looks like he put the video footage of when he was hunting mule deer with his wife into a film that I saw a while back.

There is so much that goes along with hunting and this journey called life that we are all on Earth doing together. I find it awesome when folks can put the essence of it all into words and film showing the emotion of it. It's powerful when it all gets dialed in and we can feel that connection.
    That South Cox film was great. It was at real as it gets. You got to share in the blown stalks, the missed shots, and all of the ebbs & flows of a hunt. I could not have been more impressed with South's character. He embodies a lot of the best traits of a hunter and human.