Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Douglas meat Processing

Looking for info on meat processing in the Douglas area, and where to find and how to use dry ice.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Herrick and Garrison processing should be open this week sometime, they get dry ice, but you can get it at Safeway too, never had to use dry ice. In my opinion herricks is the best place for processing and they do taxidermy if u want that done too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We bought dry ice at Safeway last yr, it was our first experience with it. We wrapped it in newspaper and put it in the bottom of the cooler. We found the first block went very fast freezing the meat and then later blocks lasted much longer. We had the giant Coleman marine coolers. Not sure this was the best way to use it, but what we did anyway.

So.Cal., but don't hold that against me...UPDATE, soon to be NM
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Walmart carries dry ice and seems like they have a store in every little town you run into. mcseal2 - that's the way I usually use my big coolers, that and if I get anything butchered local I'll pick up the meat frozen and pack it in dry ice. It will stay frozen for quite some time, at least for a day or two trip home.

Hopefully I'll be looking for a meat locker or meat processor in the Riverton area or up on the Bighorns. I have 3 antelope tags near Riverton and an elk tag in the bighorns and would like to find a place to either process my antelope or at least hang them while I'm elk hunting. Then if I tag out on an elk I'l bring the elk to the same place and hunt some waterfowl or predators while I'm waiting for the Elk to be butchered. Figured I could butcher my own antelope, but if I try 3 antelope and then throw in an elk on top of that it will make for a storage problem if I don't have at least the Elk processed. Hopefully that will be the biggest problem I face, how to get so much meat home.

That is if I can even make the trips, three weeks ago I put my mother in the hospital with terminal cancer, so the best hunting trips I ever had planned out is all on hold right now. I'll let tomorrow play itself out when tomorrow comes, right now I need to be of service to my family. All this does keep things in perspective but I sure could use some quiet time in the woods right now, I'll wait and see what God has in mind for me.

Anyway, if anyone has any recommendations for a meat processor or meat locker in the Riverton area or somewhere between there and the Bighorns I would appreciate your input.

To all hunt hard, hunt smart, but most of all hunt safe.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreOldNo7 View Post
    Walmart carries dry ice and seems like they have a store in every little town you run into. mcseal2 - that's the way I usually use my big coolers, that and if I get anything butchered local I'll pick up the meat frozen and pack it in dry ice. It will stay frozen for quite some time, at least for a day or two trip home.

Hopefully I'll be looking for a meat locker or meat processor in the Riverton area or up on the Bighorns. I have 3 antelope tags near Riverton and an elk tag in the bighorns and would like to find a place to either process my antelope or at least hang them while I'm elk hunting. Then if I tag out on an elk I'l bring the elk to the same place and hunt some waterfowl or predators while I'm waiting for the Elk to be butchered. Figured I could butcher my own antelope, but if I try 3 antelope and then throw in an elk on top of that it will make for a storage problem if I don't have at least the Elk processed. Hopefully that will be the biggest problem I face, how to get so much meat home.

That is if I can even make the trips, three weeks ago I put my mother in the hospital with terminal cancer, so the best hunting trips I ever had planned out is all on hold right now. I'll let tomorrow play itself out when tomorrow comes, right now I need to be of service to my family. All this does keep things in perspective but I sure could use some quiet time in the woods right now, I'll wait and see what God has in mind for me.

Anyway, if anyone has any recommendations for a meat processor or meat locker in the Riverton area or somewhere between there and the Bighorns I would appreciate your input.

To all hunt hard, hunt smart, but most of all hunt safe.
    Unfortunately Douglas doesn't have a Walmart, lucky for you riverton does have one, as far as meat processing in Riverton I have no idea what is there. I try to avoid that side of the state if at all possible

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I too am interested in finding a good meat processor but I am looking for one in the Cheyenne area. Has anybody got a good one they have used?