Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    yeah i called dow the other day and she informed me of that!!! I just was going to try to do mule deer because I'll be by myself and if I get lucky and harvest an animal I could handle getting it out much easier than an elk!!! I still have lots to get figured out!!! but thanks so much for the info!!! well im off work and headed to scout!! thanks old hunter!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    I understand. I'll be 70 this Dec, and getting elk out alone is a chore. I'd like to switch to just mule deer too, but it's getting harder to get the tags. You can't depend on getting one every year.

You should have bought a deer point this year. You'd have a better chance next year. Here's another thought that some guys do as they get older, ot hunt alone. Cow elk tags are easy to get. They get one and shoot a calf. Still bigger than a deer, but not so big you can't get it out alone if you bone it out.

Thanks
    old hunter I did some looking and 55 for mule deer prob wont draw but I think the 77 where my buddies have there cabin could happen with no pps. I think ill put in for 55 as first choice and 77 as my 2nd! If im not mistaken if i do it that way it wil all least give me a pp? Just wanting to tap into your knowledge again! I will go for an archery hunt! What is you take on that?

Thanks
    could buy a landowner tag and then gain access to private ground in the process, as well the tag is good for all public land in that unit I believe, but not certain.