Thanks

50 yrd with 20 yrd pin doesnt work

ok guys, i allways give buddies crap for using the wrong pin, i just cant see how it can happen. i was holding on a doe at 50 and as soon as i let go i knew i used my 20 yrd pin!!!!! just like that without thinking about it. i guess all that 20yrd spot shooting kind of kicks in some natural use of the 20 yrd pin. oh well, lesson learned. im the fool.

Thanks
    Lol I'm sure we have all done that before! I know I have!!!

Thanks
    What a bummer. Just be grateful it was a doe and not a 200" giant, and we are all happy when we pick a pin that is so far off that it makes a complete clean miss. Glad you can post something as fun as that. Thanks it makes all of us feel better to know we aren't the only ones blowing opportunities.

Thanks
    Ive forgot to use my peep in the heat of the moment. Pin was correct. Knockpoint not so much. Buck looked at me and laughed with 8 of his buddies all the way back up the mountain.

Thanks
    never have... honestly I don't know how anyone does that...

develop a rhythm is my only advice.... I get on target and kinda go 20, 30, 40, 50... I guess I don't assume I know off hand which pin is which, I just know my top is my 20yd pic.

Thanks
    I just have one pin so that can never happen. I can however forget I had it set on 50 and shoot way over the target at 20. Thankfully not ever hunting....yet!

Thanks
    It could always be worse. I watched a buddy pull back on a black tail about thiry yards, he did not have an arrow on.... I cried i laughed so hard. He and the bow were fine. but it was hilarious! practice like you play i guess. who practices without an arrow on the rest ?

Thanks
    I have been 10 yards off when gap shooting. Instead of gapping with 30-40 on a 34 yard shot I gapped between 40 and 50. This was after a summer where almost all of my practicing was with kids shooing 4-H at 10,20,30 and 40 yard distances. My gap shooting needed help. Fortunately the 3D antelope I was shooting did not notice the arrow going over its back. Practice like you hunt and these things won't happen.

Thanks
    I was shooting in my backyard one day at my block target at 40 yards. I kept hitting the ground right in front of my target, and I trashed a few arrows. I was getting very frustrated so I went inside and came back an hour later. When I came back outside I was still shooting low and I trashed another arrow. I finally tried moving my forty yard pin, which I had been avoiding because I knew it was right on before. I moved it, but my point of impact didn't change. I kept moving it as far as I could, but my POI still wasn't changing. About the time I was ready to chuck my bow and give up archery forever. I looked down and realized I had been shooting with my 30 yard pin the whole time. I felt SO stupid.

Thanks
    these stories make me feel better. haha