Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We've got the hunters alright. We have 280,000 elk, and I believe 216,000 elk hunters. Good thing everybody doesn't get an elk.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Futboler View Post
    I just cancelled my backordered vias pants with KUIU that I sent for on the 1st of June. They just got the material this week and didn't expect them to be done until the last week of Sept. That doesn't work for most bow seasons. So I ordered the First Lite Kanab pants from Linton and got them in 3 days. Once KUIU gets their feet set, they'll be able to keep up, but I am surprised that they released a new line of camo given their current processing power.
    Good for you... I hope you like them. It's quite frustrating what KUIU has going on. But it's their deal and they can run it how they want... If we don't like it, we just do what you did... Don't contribute.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think it looks like an optifade knock off.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't think it looks anything like optifade, to me it looks like US military 3 color desert, that someone washed with some brown die.

Have nothing against camo, I think it's really cool. If it doesn't blotch up that's great.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Might want to go check out their blog. It should give you some insight as to how they plan to keep up their current product availability and release the new camo line. They are moving production from Canada to China.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    China huh?

I think we should all try and motivate these companies to produce things in America. I'd pay a 50% premium for items made in America, I don't know about you guys?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Edelweiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I don't think it looks anything like optifade, to me it looks like US military 3 color desert, that someone washed with some brown die.

Have nothing against camo, I think it's really cool. If it doesn't blotch up that's great.
    I think the fact that they went with a digitized pattern that is both a micro and macro camouflage is right in line with the optifade science. The fact that it is a slightly different hue is the only thing that differentiates it from optifade. It looks like it belongs right between the open country pattern and the forest pattern from the optifade line. Just my opinion.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    First off, I didn't realize they had a new pattern I thought their "new" pattern was the Vias so I appologize about that.

Vias is a pretty unimpressive pattern, as like I said before it's a dirty version of military 3 color desert.

But, i just looked at the new pattern and it is different.

I wouldn't jump out and say it is as advanced as the green optifade, but it's not a bad pattern.

So saying, that it has a few similarities with optifade, but look at it and comparing it to the Navy AOR3 mountain digital green I am wearing right now I don't think it's even as advanced as any of our military digital patterns. And when you compare it to something like the Canadian militarys patterns I think it is even less impressive.

From what I can see, I am not a fan.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm not saying that I think the china move is a bad thing, I was just letting people know that's how they are going to make the new line happen. The company they get all of their material (toray) from is already based out of japan. Supposedly by allowing toray to handle all the production chain, it allows them to more materials, new camo patterns, and able to design more new products. The owner says he went to japan and china to check out the new facilities involved and says there will be no drop off of quality.

If anybody has the verde stuff they should look at the tag and it will say made in china. They actually made this move before they started the new line, but only recently released the information to the public. That part I do not care for.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Japan is not China, Japan is a first world country that is for the most part NOT an Enemy of the United States.

It is damn hard to find hunting gear not made in China.

I didn't spend 20 years in the military to buy hunting gear made by the enemy.

I just looked in my desk at the shirts I just got from Brunton Optics in Riverton, Wyoming. These were made in Honduras. Honduras is a nice place to fish!